Prospect Info: #8 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update

Who is the #8 Capitals Top Prospect Spring 2020?

• Eric Florchuk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobias Geisser

• Shane Gersirch

• Mitchell Gibson

• Martin Hugo Has

• Connor Hobbs

• Alex Kannok-Leiper

• Joe Snively

• Riley Sutter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
8481580.jpg

1) Connor McMichael C (12 votes 52.1%) Prospect Info: - #1 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
5' 11" | 174 lb | Age: 18 | 2019 WSH, 1st rd, 25th pk (25th overall)
(previous ranking #3)

mf-2-jpg.244935

2) Martin Fehervary LD (21 votes 77.8%) Prospect Info: - #2 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
6' 2" | 194 lb | Age: 19 | 2018 WSH, 2nd rd, 15th pk (46th overall)
(previous ranking #4)

webp-net-resizeimage-jpg.244495

3) Alex Alexeyev LD (22 votes 81.5%) Prospect Info: - #3 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
6' 4" | 196 lb | Age: 19 | 2018 WSH, 1st rd, 31st pk (31st overall)
(previous ranking #2)
protas-jpg.247753

4) Aliaksei Protas C (25 votes 89.2%) Prospect Info: - #4 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
6' 5" | 205 lb | Age: 18 | 2019 WSH, 3rd rd, 29th pick (91st overall)
(previous ranking #13)

8477970.jpg

5) Vitek Vanecek G (10 votes 45.5%) Prospect Info: - #5 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
6' 1" | 187 lb | Age: 23 | 2014 WSH, 2nd rd, 9th pk (39th overall)
(previous ranking #7)

download-png.340789

6) Bobby Nardella LD (9 votes 50.0%) Prospect Info: - #6 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
5' 9" | 180 lb | Age: 23 | 2019 WSH signed, undrafted
(previous ranking #unranked)

bl-jpg.245097

7) Brett Leason RW (15 votes 68.2%) Prospect Info: - #7 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
6' 4" | 200 lb | Age: 20 | 2019 WSH, 2nd rd, 25th pk (56th overall)
(previous ranking #5)

Alright guys!

Since all of us are getting a little antsy stuck at home with no hockey, I thought maybe it's a good idea to get into some real hockey discussion again to take our minds off of the more sobering things happening in the world around us today.

And with most of the minor/junior leagues suspended and/or cancelled, it's TIME.....

for the CAPITALS TOP PROSPECTS 2020 Quarantine Update!!

Going to be voted upon again by the most knowledgeable hockey fan base in history.. YOU!

Since we're not sure when we'll have hockey again, let's add to the discussion on who you voted for, what is your estimated date of arrival to the big leagues NHL (if at all), and your realistic expectations for that prospect and how they would fit with the Capitals. Or anything else regarding these prospects.

Again, to be eligible for the poll, player must be 25 years or younger and has played no more than 25 NHL games.

If there is someone I missed in the poll or you think should be added, please post about it below.

I'll leave the polls open for 3 days due to the excessive amount of time we have to kill.. I'll see how it goes and may lengthen or shorten the time if necessary.

I'll post up the winner in the following Top Prospect thread.

VOTE 2020

(you can see that I'm very very bored)

Edit: Switching the poll to 2 days instead of 3

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Brett Leason drops a bit due to a slow year but could be set up for a monster year next season!

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
This one is a tough one. I want to say the prospect with the biggest potential but also the biggest unknown is Damien Riat? I remember liking him during rookie camp, and remember reading somewhere a year or so ago that he had top 6 potential.

Reactions: Futures Passed

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kody Clark can barely hold onto a 4th line role and is healthy scratched constantly. Forget where he was drafted, there's lots of prospects ranked ahead of him who have shown more

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
[MOD]

Feel free to show us what Kody Clark has done to show he could be an NHL player. He's done nothing to separate himself from the majority of the other prospects in Hershey, hence why he's either playing on the 4th line or healthy scratched.

Malenstyn, Pinho, Pilon, AJF etc. are all ahead of him at the very least

Hershey's so poorly coached that they are in 4th place in the entire AHL despite dealing with a plethora of injuries this season :thumbu:

Last edited by a moderator:

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Feel free to show us what Kody Clark has done to show he could be an NHL player.
Advanced Stats. If others here on HFBoards are interested in an educated opinion different from simplistic dominant misconceptions :cf:, I will develop here some smart argumentation I used to use then showing LuJo was a bust two years ago, and will show you Kody is a real deal today.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Advanced Stats. If others here on HFBoards are interested in an educated opinion different from simplistic dominant misconceptions :cf:, I will develop here some smart argumentation I used to use then showing LuJo was a bust two years ago, and will show you Kody is a real deal today.

"interested in an educated opinion different from simplistic dominant misconceptions"

That's a lot of words to fail at sounding smart.

If you had actual advanced metrics that corresponding to future success, I'd be all ears. But you have your silly metrics that you made up yourself and have no proven correlation with anything, let alone future prospect success. I don't think many around here would categorize me as a critic of advanced stats, in fact most would criticize me for being just the opposite. But all stats are based on what a player has done in the past, with some having more predictive power than others. Rating prospects is inherently about evaluating what a player will do in the future, and how they will (hopefully) outperform their current setting. So there's a lot more noise when it comes to trying to evaluate prospects based on statistical measures. Show me what you have done to control for this, and why your stats are worth valuing.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
"interested in an educated opinion different from simplistic dominant misconceptions"

That's a lot of words to fail at sounding smart.

If you had actual advanced metrics that corresponding to future success, I'd be all ears. But you have your silly metrics that you made up yourself and have no proven correlation with anything, let alone future prospect success. I don't think many around here would categorize me as a critic of advanced stats, in fact most would criticize me for being just the opposite. But all stats are based on what a player has done in the past, with some having more predictive power than others. Rating prospects is inherently about evaluating what a player will do in the future, and how they will (hopefully) outperform their current setting. So there's a lot more noise when it comes to trying to evaluate prospects based on statistical measures. Show me what you have done to control for this, and why your stats are worth valuing.

I suppose you are the one of those who never change their mind. Why would I lose my time to convince you in something, you cannot get or verify by yourself? You can only trust or untrust. I say, Kody will be definitely ahead of Malenstyn in a couple of years. That's it. And it will be all my pleasure to come here and say "Hey! I was right, and I was first to say it.." as it is the case most of the time. By trying to shut me up, you will not change the reality. Change yourself instead.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I suppose you are the one of those who never change their mind. Why would I lose my time to convince you in something, you cannot get or verify by yourself? You can only trust or untrust. I say, Kody will be definitely ahead of Malenstyn in a couple of years. That's it. And it will be all my pleasure to come here and say "Hey! I was right, and I was first to say it.." as it is the case most of the time. By trying to shut me up, you will not change the reality. Change yourself instead.
But I thought you said you were willing to develop some smart argumentation. Instead you seem to say developing this argumentation is a waste of time.

How can I verify it by myself if you won't even say what metrics you are using? You're just claiming to have advanced stats, without saying what they are or why you've selected them.

And FYI, you were far from the first to express doubt about LuJo, and the rationale you laid out for why LuJo wouldn't succeed doesn't even line up with the reality of why he's stalled in his progression. And despite your best attempts, he's still above the ECHL :laugh:

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->