Who is the 2nd best player currently?

Who is the second best player in the NHL?

• Total voters

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
MacKinnon.

Hedman should be an option, he’s pretty clearly the best D man and a top 5 player without question.

You're right he slipped my mind here somehow. Top 5 without question is maybe debatable though, but I wouldn't argue it too strongly.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Agreed with comments about Hedman being in the conversation, but I think he'll tops be in top 10. 2nd is really high though and I feel centers have a greater impact (backcheck deep into their own zone before breaking up ice and scoring himself or making a pass -- not that defensemen don't rush up, but all-around types like Hedman don't get that kind of opportunity to make a 200-foot impact outside of a hard slap shot or stretch pass, whereas centers, being where they are and patrolling the most space, probably have a greater impact).

Personally I see it as a toss-up between Mackinnon and Crosby (HM's to Panarin and Kucherov). Sid just might be beginning to reach the downturn from his peak (still great though) whereas Mackinnon's speed and game-breaking ability probably has him in that second spot for me.

Reactions: authentic

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Don't think its "easily" MacKinnon. Crosby was better than him in 18-19 but was dealing with hernias and surgery all last season.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Well create a best player in the league poll, I'm certain he wins it, so may as well get on with the next question.
ya but so then all the people who wouldve voted McDavid are now voting for someone else, either MacKinnon or Draisaitl or whoever, which is inaccurate.

Are you doing a top 10 or something? if youre just doing this one poll, I mean you have your answer.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why isn’t Eichel an option?

He’s quite clearly better than half those players, and I’m probably voting for him if this said third best player in the league.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad