Who is the 2nd best offensive player in the league?

2nd best offensive player in the league?

• Total voters

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This is absolutely not a tier on its own. There are three players from three different tiers here.

The answer to the thread question is Kucherov.

Malkin, MacKinnon, Crosby in the next tier.
Hard to say how much Kuch is helped by Stamkos. Points wise alone I agree but Stamkos is definitely better than Nylander or Landeskog.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Mackinnon?

lol.

Do know if you respond to this I’ll know if you haven’t read it, it’s not terribly long, but s bit lengthy as it’s got oh so many good things to show. So please if you do respond take the time to read this or I’ll just ignore, thanks.

If Mackinnon is infact in a tier diffeeent then Matthews,.....then it’s the one below him.

Five seasons and only once has he had a points per game average m over 0.80. You could argue he’s one below Eichel too, unless he comes back with a near PPG season because of Eichel has do lne it in two of his first three years, (0.94, 0.95) both of which playing after a serious high ankle sprain that is known to linger for months. Jack outscored Mack in 16-17 despite playing two less months and Mackinnon got 53 pts in a full year. Lol, Eichel got 57 points in just 61 games kid (all of which right after injury) in his second year. Mackinnon was in his fourth.

Even with eichel being Injured and missing significant time on a dead last offense, HE still has 121 pts in his last 128 games. If you count Mackinnon he only put up 53 pts in 2016-2017 in a full year too when he had that number. Then he puts up his great year 97 last year in 74 games So that means he had 150 pts in his last 156 games. Meaning if you calculate how much it would of been in his last 128 it Would be a lot lower then 150, meaning Eichel May of even had more points (as he has 121) it’s probably close then him during that stretch. It shouldn’t even be close though so even if he’s within 20 it’s still great for Eichel since that’s his only great season. I could compare the two guys first theree year totals pts and it’s not close POints per game wise especially. He’s being blown away by both men when u compare production PPG at similar ages.

Eichel has had his best two seasons (of his 3’) at 0.95 PPG and Matthews has two seasons, one each at 0.84 and 1.02 PPG it should also be noted, these are the first two and three years for both these guys respectively and have played after injuries yet those numbers are still very good. Remember Mackinnon has only had one year in five over 0.80.

Mackinnon for being number 1 overall (and how he’s talked about here) he’s produced from pretty god to average-poor in the first four years of his career. In fact In eichels worst year he still got 3 pts more then Mackinnon in his fourth and eichel was just 19 In his rookie season. In fact Mackinnon has only beaten eichels worst total in 2 of is fiddt 5 seasons, and eichel has had two of his first three seasons with better production then any Mackinnon season except the last when he’s had rantanen. Eichel has never had a teammate or linemate who’s ever out up points like that
Matthews has even scored 40 goals at 18-19 in his rookie season and again hasn’t produced lower then 0.84, a feat so high Mack’s reached it just once in 5 years!

So again Mackinnon has had one year of dominance, and we’re going to be putting this guy in a tier with Crosby above the two others Eich and Matthews who already produce way better most years at a way younger age? Give me a break.

I will say this if Mackinnon comes back with a PPG year or more that would be 2 out of 6 really good seasons, which still isn’t that great but it would take Eichel and Matthews to both fall off the earth this year and Mackinnon to go PPG for him to be ahead of them much less with them.

I have no problem putting him in their “tier” but to suggest he’s ahead of two Guys who have done nothing but produce at a young age after one good season is completely ridiculous. I don’t even care how dominant that season was and it was very. Won’t take that away from him. I just don’t see why his previous four years suddenly count for nothing?

Is it me or you’re writing a novel in half of your posts? No hate, but its kind of long to read it all.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
...but for how long? until he retires?
He's one year removed from a Rocket and a season where, if he had not missed that 2 weeks due to a concussion, could well have won the Art Ross. And he just scored 21 points in 12 playoff games a few months ago. He's still the best all-around player in the NHL, second only to McDavid as far as offense is concerned.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Is it me or you’re writing a novel in half of your posts? No hate, but its kind of long to read it all.

I have started taking this suboxone drug and i take it in the morning so I notice that when I post in the afternoon I can ramble. I’ll try and be more alert lol.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'd have Kucherov or Crosby, with MacKinnon potentially jumping into the spot this season.

I'm not even sure why some of these guys are on the list, let alone have votes. I won't name names.

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
Crosby was 2nd in scoring in 16-17....

That was 2 years ago. If he plays like this version of Crosby, then it’s undoubtedly him (with a chance to regain the crown), but if he plays like last year Crosby, he’s up there with a couple of guys for 2nd place.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
That was 2 years ago. If he plays like this version of Crosby, then it’s undoubtedly him (with a chance to regain the crown), but if he plays like last year Crosby, he’s up there with a couple of guys for 2nd place.
There’s been one season of play since then.. so two years is not true...

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
And have a look st the top points scorers of the last 1, 5 or 10 years. Look who’s up towards the top in all of them. Giroux’s somehow become one of the most under rated in the league.
certainly not in the last 5 years. the 3 prior to this one were not very good at all.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
1. McDavid
2. Kucherov
3. Crosby
4. Malkin
5. Mackinnon

If we are talking pure offence, in my opinion Kucherov has surpassed Crosby. He has outscored Crosby over the past 2 seasons; and he's younger. One is an upward spiral of success; the other while legendary shouldn't be improving at this point.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
After this year, Karlsson will be a mainstay on people's top 3-5 list of offensive players.

Karlsson is probably on the same level as Crosby. Slight edge to McDavid currently.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
1. McDavid
2. Kucherov
3. Crosby
4. Malkin
5. Mackinnon

If we are talking pure offence, in my opinion Kucherov has surpassed Crosby. He has outscored Crosby over the past 2 seasons; and he's younger. One is an upward spiral of success; the other while legendary shouldn't be improving at this point.
Crosby was 2nd in scoring in 16-17. Kuch has never finished that high in the scoring race

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
Exactly. It’s not even a contest really.

There’s no player from his era that can compete with that. And majority of those finishes are recent

Imagine those scoring finishes without the injuries..

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Karlsson or Kucherov with Malkin, Crosby, Marchand and Giroux just behind. Tempted to put MacKinnon there aswell but it's just one year.

Reactions: b in vancouver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad