Who is running the Panthers marketing department?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am involved in Bruins TV and Sunday afternoon we were faced with a bizarre situation where most of the lower bowl at BB&T Center was empty between the blue lines and it looked bad on TV.

How did this happen?

I know many Bruins fans wanted to buy tickets in advance and the Panthers using dynamic pricing wanted close to $150 per seat.

I can tell you that Panthers execs after the first period asked both NESN and FS Florida to try and avoid showing the empty seats and both networks said no. The FS Florida feed also was shown on NHL Net.

The Panthers were trying to cash in with the Boston crowd in Florida ( which is huge )

On a local level having the game go head to head with the Daytona 500 was insanity.

All I can tell you is Tampa has their act together and there is a hockey culture in that market which the Panthers don't have.

The thinking of the Boston media is the Panthers will be the team that winds up in Quebec City and the Coyotes go to either Portland or Seattle.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Talking to a panthers fan friend sounds like a private lounge/seating membership called "club red" aka "club dead" They charge premium prices in a market where you can't thus being a bunch of empty seats in the middle of the lowerbowl.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
You're full of it. The area behind the benches is known as Club Red, it's been a cause for contention for fans all season, we've answered tons of questions about it, and have a thread on it. It's 'happened' every home game, and will continue. 'Happened' the last NHL Network broadcast, too.

No way prices were that high, no one can tell who's a Bruins fan and who's a Panther fan via phone or PC, and friends didn't pay that.

Games are put up against other sporting events, Daytona 500 isn't that big a deal.

Boston media feels? Lmao, who cares. They're not going anywhere, ya must've missed most of last season and the playoffs. We have a strong fanbase, we were low attendance-wise, same as Boston btw, during the lean years.

Not going anywhere. What a horrible idea for a thread.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Talking to a panthers fan friend sounds like a private lounge/seating membership called "club red" aka "club dead" They charge premium prices in a market where you can't thus being a bunch of empty seats in the middle of the lowerbowl.

The crazy thing was the upper bowl and ends were packed.

TV ratings on FS Florida are the lowest in the NHL - I fear this team is on life support in South Florida.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

TV ratings on FS Florida are the lowest in the NHL - I fear this team is on life support in South Florida.

Dude, get lost with this crap. You sould awfully similar to another poster who was banned yesterday. If you did the slightest of searches, you would see a thread on this already, instead of trying to instill fear because the team might leave :laugh: If you actually knew what you are talking about, SSE, who own the Panthers and the arena, actually make a profit, so they wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Lmao, in a market where you can't? Businesses are the market and there's tons of money here. The idea, though, is terrible and so is the location.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Again, called Club Red, it's an exclusive club with a bar and large TVs in the back.

It's NOT on life support. We're a very educated fan base, we know the team, some work for it.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Dude, get lost with this crap. You sould awfully similar to another poster who was banned yesterday. If you did the slightest of searches, you would see a thread on this already, instead of trying to instill fear because the team might leave :laugh: If you actually knew what you are talking about, SSE, who own the Panthers and the arena, actually make a profit, so they wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

I am NOT trying to instill fear and I WANT to see the Panthers live.

That said, last week's game at Pittsburgh drew a total number of 4,000 households in South Florida on FOX Sports and in the end that is what the NHL will look at.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I am NOT trying to instill fear and I WANT to see the Panthers live.

That said, last week's game at Pittsburgh drew a total number of 4,000 households in South Florida on FOX Sports and in the end that is what the NHL will look at.

Link? And you can't instill fear, not here

Rats96Yo

Oct 17, 2006
Coral Springs

I had a feeling something like this would be brought up, so I snapped a view of what the upper deck looks like. Course we never get any love up there, but the diehards come out anyway. To say there is no fanbase here is ignorance (and journalists/"media" at that) at its finest.

Attachments

• photo22413bbtcopy.JPG
    photo22413bbtcopy.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad