Who is rated #2,#3, #4 and #5 in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky*

I personally think that it is way too early to start predicting for 2005, but right now it look like some players that might challenge for top 10 are Romy Elayoubi, Adam Pinneault (he'll lose his eligibility if he opts in this year), Marc Staal, and Bobby Ryan (looking phenomenal).

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Watch for Devin Setoguchi as well from the Saskatoon Blades in the WHL. He played in the AJHL last year as a 15 year old and won the MVP award for their allstar game and scored over 40 points playing against 17-20 year olds.

He will be a very high pick!!

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Russian defenseman Vitaliy Anikeenko (6'3.5/199). He played in 2nd pair defensemen for Russian team at U18 World Champioship in Yaroslavl which took place in april of 2003.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Gilbert Brule is considered by some to be better than Crosby.

Daniel Bertram, another Vancouver Giant, looks to figure in being a top pick in the 2005 draft.

This is all very early though. Daniel Cleary was supposed to be a top 10 pick too.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Mizral said:

Daniel Bertram, another Vancouver Giant, looks to figure in being a top pick in the 2005 draft.

This is all very early though. Daniel Cleary was supposed to be a top 10 pick too.
Brule isn't better than Crosby. I have seen both of them play and Crosby is better than Brule. Brule is a great player but Crosby is outstanding.

Bertram isn't playing for the Giants this year and will probably take the college route.

mark_man12

Jul 3, 2003
Standard
Visit site
Ya Bertram is playing for the Camrose Kodiaks of the AJHL. One of the reasons he went there is to play with his linemate from his former team the UFA Bisons. But I do believe he wants to go the college route.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mizral said:

yeah right, at the Canada Winter Games Crosby was light years ahead of Brule in talent at that, not saying Brule was bad because he was a super player but Crosby was the best player at the entire games over guys like Wojtek Wolski, Evan McGrath, Kyle Chipchura, Bertram, Brule, Eric Hunter, Rabbit, etc etc. Also how can you compare the impact each are having on their teams.

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Is Devan Dubnyk going to go top 10 possible? Or will his size as a goalie (6'5") be a problem for scouts and GMs?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
1. Sidney Crosby--Forward—Rimouski
2. Gilbert Brule--Foward –Vancouver
3. Vitaly Anikeenko—Defense—Lokomotive
4. Daniel Bertram—F—JR A
5. Devereaux Heshmatpour--Def--Kitchener
6. Guillaume Latendresse--Forward—Drumm
7. Jean-Philippe Paquet--Defense--Shawinig
8. Romy Elayoubi--Forward--Chicoutimi
9. Jakub Vojta--Defense--HC Sparta Praha
10. Ryan Mior—Goalie—PEI

Also watch for:

Bobby Ryan—Forward—Owen Sound.
Devin Setoguchi—RW—Saskatoon
Alexander Sopin--Forward--Dynamo
Tomas Pospisil—Forward—Ocelari Trinec
Jack Skille-Forward—U17 NTDP
Luc Bourdon—Defense—Val’d-O
Mike Gauthier--Defense—Prince Albert
Wes O’Neil--Defense—Green Bay (USHL)
Jakub Kindl--Defense—HC Pardubice
Carey Price--Goalie—Tri City

These guys could very easy knock some other guys out of top 10. I am going on the assumption though that Bertram will go to Vancouver in the long run and that he will be ranked for this draft and I think O'Neill is ranked for this draft instead of 2004 becuase of his NCAA stuff.

Brisebois

Jun 17, 2002
Feeding Johan Sedin
Visit site
moosefan said:
1. Sidney Crosby--Forward—Rimouski
2. Gilbert Brule--Foward –Vancouver
3. Vitaly Anikeenko—Defense—Lokomotive
4. Daniel Bertram—F—JR A
5. Devereaux Heshmatpour--Def--Kitchener
6. Guillaume Latendresse--Forward—Drumm
7. Jean-Philippe Paquet--Defense--Shawinig
8. Romy Elayoubi--Forward--Chicoutimi
9. Jakub Vojta--Defense--HC Sparta Praha
10. Ryan Mior—Goalie—PEI

Also watch for:

Bobby Ryan—Forward—Owen Sound.
Devin Setoguchi—RW—Saskatoon
Alexander Sopin--Forward--Dynamo
Tomas Pospisil—Forward—Ocelari Trinec
Jack Skille-Forward—U17 NTDP
Luc Bourdon—Defense—Val’d-O
Mike Gauthier--Defense—Prince Albert
Wes O’Neil--Defense—Green Bay (USHL)
Jakub Kindl--Defense—HC Pardubice
Carey Price--Goalie—Tri City

These guys could very easy knock some other guys out of top 10. I am going on the assumption though that Bertram will go to Vancouver in the long run and that he will be ranked for this draft and I think O'Neill is ranked for this draft instead of 2004 becuase of his NCAA stuff.

Add Alexandre Bourret to the list of guys to watch for.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I love how Ryan is playing in Owen Sound so far...looks like he made the wise decision to play in the OHL.

However he may fall victim to having a great supporting cast around him...which some might see as inflating his numbers...
Is he considered the best American in the draft?

Wingboy2999

Feb 16, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Sticky said:
I personally think that it is way too early to start predicting for 2005, but right now it look like some players that might challenge for top 10 are Romy Elayoubi, Adam Pinneault (he'll lose his eligibility if he opts in this year), Marc Staal, and Bobby Ryan (looking phenomenal).

Just wondering but is Marc Staal related to Eric Staal?

Tretiak

Jun 19, 2003
www.russianhockey.net
Cooking with GOLD?

Hey Moosefan,

Nice pic of Medvedev. Wouldn't it be funnier with 2 GOLD medals around his neck? :joker:

GO CANADA GO! :handclap:

:teach: FACT! Canada has been unable to beat the Russians and Andrei in 2 straight WJHC!

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Tretiak said:
Hey Moosefan,

Nice pic of Medvedev. Wouldn't it be funnier with 2 GOLD medals around his neck? :joker:

GO CANADA GO! :handclap:

:teach: FACT! Canada has been unable to beat the Russians and Andrei in 2 straight WJHC!
Okey dokey there 6 time poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad