Who is our guy at 7?

Who is our guy at 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Now it gets interesting! I think it’s a toss up between Perfetti and Holtz, but I’m going to go with Perfetti, and honestly he has a pretty solid case of going top five.

Here are Pronman’s thoughts on Perfetti:

Perfetti burst onto the scene as a U17, scoring the most goals by a player that age since John Tavares, Taylor Hall and Steven Stamkos. Perfetti followed it up with a brilliant U18 season, one of the best in the modern OHL era. He also dominated the Hlinka Gretzky like few others have. Perfetti is incredibly skilled and is one of the best passers in the draft. He is so creative with the puck, finding unique ways to fool defenders, manipulate the puck in tight spaces and make plays through defenders. He can make things happen off the half-wall at an elite level, makes very creative passes frequently, and projects to be a top passer in the NHL due to his vision and his pace. Perfetti isn’t the biggest or the quickest forward so some scouts aren’t over the moon about him as an undersized forward without NHL speed. I think he skates fine but does lack ability to separate from checks. His compete level is fine, he gets his nose dirty enough and works hard off the puck to get it back. He killed penalties this season and played center for stretches of the season, showing he can be a versatile player, as well.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think this is the point in the draft where you start getting less damn-near-surefire play-driving NHLers and more complementary PP forces.

I go Perfetti here, I think he's more creative and dynamic than the other ones, little more boom-or-bust, but almost certainly at least a PP/shootout weapon.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Perfetti, Lundell, or Sanderson.

Probably go with Perfetti yet I'd heavily look at the other two.

Small gap then I'd have Holtz, Quinn, Askarov

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
If we do drop to seven, hopefully someone takes Sanderson in the top six.

Reactions: funky

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Perfetti is the most skilled player left in this group. He's also a goal scorer like Holtz, but a much more skilled player with the puck and better distributor than Holtz. Hotlz is faster, but Perfetti is no slouch on his edges, just not explosive. They don't call him Goalfetti for nothing. These player scouting reports are long, but very thorough and a good watch.

Reactions: RocketKing

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Perfetti or Holtz, went Holtz as he's one of the few prospects in the draft who can score from mid-range just based off his shot. The NHL is all about using traffic to your advantage, and I think Holtz will be able to score off the rush using defenders as screens in motion. I also feel that he has a higher floor than Perfetti given his size, slightly better skating, and that he's already playing in the SHL and contributing.

@funky can we add Zary to the poll next?

Reactions: funky

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
This is easy Holtz. He should have went two picks ago.

Holtz actually played against men in the SHL and put up 16 points in 35 games. Which would put him in the Top10 of all time scoring for an U18 player in the SHL.

Reactions: ru4reals

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Perfetti or Holtz, went Holtz as he's one of the few prospects in the draft who can score from mid-range just based off his shot. The NHL is all about using traffic to your advantage, and I think Holtz will be able to score off the rush using defenders as screens in motion. I also feel that he has a higher floor than Perfetti given his size, slightly better skating, and that he's already playing in the SHL and contributing.

@funky can we add Zary to the poll next?

Gladly add Zary. I work with Connors dad and I love the kid and how he plays.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Here's Pronman on Holtz:

Holtz got a regular shift and power play time in the SHL this past season for Djurgarden, as one of the most productive U18 players that league has seen. Holtz has been on the prospect radar a long time. He has a lot of exciting dimensions to his game, but his goal-scoring ability stands out. He has a truly elite shot. He can pick corners from any spot in the offensive zone, with a very hard and accurate wrist shot. His hands are elite, which allows him to beat defenders clean with his 1-on-1 moves and pull off the occasional highlight reel play. While he is known for his goal-scoring, Holtz is also a very good passer. He won’t be a top playmaker in the NHL, but he can find the seams and has the high offensive IQ to let plays develop and find his teammates. His skating is somewhere between average to above-average for me, but I did find his game lacked pace when I watched this season. Off the puck he’s fine; he competes well enough but he’s not an overly physical player and can be a bit of a perimeter player due to how much he leans on his shot.

Draft-eligible prospect Lucas Raymond on Holtz: “His shot is enormous, and he has great vision and stickhandling.”

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
I went with Perfetti with a better all around game. Holts pure shooting is better but I think Perfetti make a bigger outcome to winning. At least at this stage of their careers

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's tough. Sometimes I look at Holtz and think he's what we wanted Tyler Toffoli to be. I love that he's not just a one trick pony and he does stick his nose in the dirty areas to score vs. men. I think he'll be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL and that's hard to pass up, even early. I've seen some people rank him 3-4 and that seems legit when you think of him that way.

Then other times i see him and he's not the guy that's gonna be driving plays and it's hard to pass up a more rounded player especially one that can carry the play all over the ice. He's a stone cold finisher in so many ways, I want to include him in the previous tier, but I just keep feeling like there's one guy who can contribute more all around. He's probably my toughest call in the top 10. Feels dirty taking him at 8, that would be a bargain, yet I can't find a spot for him earlier.

Edit: I shouldn't second guess myself lol but changed this one from Perfetti to Holtz :laugh:

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Now it gets interesting! I think it’s a toss up between Perfetti and Holtz, but I’m going to go with Perfetti, and honestly he has a pretty solid case of going top five.

Here are Pronman’s thoughts on Perfetti:

Perfetti burst onto the scene as a U17, scoring the most goals by a player that age since John Tavares, Taylor Hall and Steven Stamkos. Perfetti followed it up with a brilliant U18 season, one of the best in the modern OHL era. He also dominated the Hlinka Gretzky like few others have. Perfetti is incredibly skilled and is one of the best passers in the draft. He is so creative with the puck, finding unique ways to fool defenders, manipulate the puck in tight spaces and make plays through defenders. He can make things happen off the half-wall at an elite level, makes very creative passes frequently, and projects to be a top passer in the NHL due to his vision and his pace. Perfetti isn’t the biggest or the quickest forward so some scouts aren’t over the moon about him as an undersized forward without NHL speed. I think he skates fine but does lack ability to separate from checks. His compete level is fine, he gets his nose dirty enough and works hard off the puck to get it back. He killed penalties this season and played center for stretches of the season, showing he can be a versatile player, as well.
So if the Kings take Perfetti do we convert him to LW?We have a tonne of Centres and not all can play there

Reactions: ricardfromage

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
It's tough. Sometimes I look at Holtz and think he's what we wanted Tyler Toffoli to be. I love that he's not just a one trick pony and he does stick his nose in the dirty areas to score vs. men. I think he'll be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL and that's hard to pass up, even early. I've seen some people rank him 3-4 and that seems legit when you think of him that way.

Then other times i see him and he's not the guy that's gonna be driving plays and it's hard to pass up a more rounded player especially one that can carry the play all over the ice. He's a stone cold finisher in so many ways, I want to include him in the previous tier, but I just keep feeling like there's one guy who can contribute more all around. He's probably my toughest call in the top 10. Feels dirty taking him at 8, that would be a bargain, yet I can't find a spot for him earlier.

Edit: I shouldn't second guess myself lol but changed this one from Perfetti to Holtz :laugh:
If the Kings do take Holtz I just pray that they show some patience and leave him there in Sweden to play for Djurgarden for 3 years at least instead of 3 years in Ontario which would be a colossal waste...remembering what NJersey did with Djurgarden teammates Bergfors,Josefson and Tedenby who's toiling elsewhere last I saw!.That was a monumental waste of 3 first rounders to a team that normally practices patience to a T

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
So if the Kings take Perfetti do we convert him to LW?We have a tonne of Centres and not all can play there

Yeah, that’s what I would imagine. I think he would succeed as a top six winger.

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
op, wrong question.

Shame.

aka

Such a toss up. I guess if things went the way I think they should go then Perfetti will still be available at 7 and that is who my guy is. If not then Askarov or Jarvis or Holtz or Lundell.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Coming back to this thread looks like we are picking at this spot and Holtz is the winner for this poll. I'd be ecstatic if we got Holtz at 7.

salami

Sep 25, 2005
If they drop to 7 they swing for the fences with Askarov. With 3 seconds including the #35 overall, there's plenty of talent left to hedge the bet should the big Russian be a bustsky.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If they drop to 7 they swing for the fences with Askarov. With 3 seconds including the #35 overall, there's plenty of talent left to hedge the bet should the big Russian be a bustsky.

8b04600263bf33b47169daf0057647bc.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad