Who is more valuable: Cory Schneider or Luc Bourdon?

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
I think bourdon developement has stalled last couple year because of injury so i think he need at least a half or complete year in the Ahl like Shea Weber and schneider well they got Luongo so will likely be a trade candidate

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well for the Canucks I think it is easily Bourdon because you already have an elite goaltender. You guys will have Sammy Salo next year, but is Sopel coming back? If not, the PP will look pretty bad and Bourdon will add another great dimension to it even as a rookie.

On the other hand, Schneider's value comes as trade bait. A lot of teams want a goalie in their system, especially a great one like Cory and will be giving up quite a bit for him. Maybe the 'Nucks could get a good offensive player for him.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
You can never underestimate the value of a future top 6 defenseman IMO. In a goaltender, you can have a guy that can play 50-60 games; which, yes, is very important, but the Canucks have Roberto Luongo, who right now seems to be challenging Markus Naslund as the 'franchise player.

I would expect them to lock up Luongo for as long as they can, which at this point makes Schneider nowhere nears as valuable as Bourdon. I don't see many games from the 'Q, but the few times I've seen Bourdon I've been extremely impressed. He's a strong skater, can make the hit, and can help out offensively. The only knock I've got on him is his positional play sometimes suffers due to his other abilities. Once they "tame" him, he could be an elite defenseman in the NHL, it just may take a little more time.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
You can never underestimate the value of a future top 6 defenseman IMO. In a goaltender, you can have a guy that can play 50-60 games; which, yes, is very important, but the Canucks have Roberto Luongo, who right now seems to be challenging Markus Naslund as the 'franchise player.
I think that battle has been fought and won by Lou

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Bourdon mainly because the Canucks have Luongo and that affects Schneider's value.

brianburke4evar

Apr 17, 2007
Naslund lost the franchise player tag the yr the Sedins showed some skill.

Luongo has now taken it from the twins.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
schneider should have more value in a trade, but because they allready have luongo other teams may feel that they are trying to get rid of him for as much as possible because of that. so IMO in trade, you will get more for bourdon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->