Not open for further replies.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Dino Ciccarelli.

Ciccarelli, who retired in 1999, scored 608 goals - 13th on the all-time list - and he did it after every NHL team declined to draft him.

Glenn Anderson, who left the NHL in 1996, scored 498 goals and earned six Stanley Cup rings.

Steve Larmer, retired for 10 years now, was one of the most proficient and respected two-way forwards in the sport, was a key player on Canada's victorious 1991 Canada Cup team, and amassed 1,012 NHL points.

Brian Bellows, who last played in the NHL six years ago, scored 485 goals.

Kevin Lowe, who quit playing seven years ago, is the best defenceman among the previously ignored candidates.

The winningest goalie among those who were previously passed over is Andy Moog, who won 372 NHL games. Vernon won 385 and Vanbiesbrouck 374.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=125177&hubName=nhl

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Definitely Vernon. Actually, this year will be his first crack at the HHOF. He was among the top five goalies for several seasons. Had some Vezina nominations. Was a critical part of Calgary's 1989 Cup win, and was a playoff MVP in 1997. Maybe won't get in on the first ballot, but he definitely deserves consideration.

Glenn Anderson deserves consideration. Had some elite seasons, was one of the best LWs in the league for a considerable period of time. Larmer was a consistently solid RW, but not HHOF-worthy. He was a better all-round player than Ciccerelli. Lowe was so good for so long (played in several all-star games as a defensive defenceman), but he's in a similar boat to Adam Foote. Moog was excellent for a long time. Fat chance for Bellows or Beezer.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kevin Lowe was a nice defenseman, and an okay GM, but he gets an awful lot of milage about being best firends with Gretzky.

Lowe on his best day didn't sniff Mark Howe.

Nifty=HHOF

Jul 8, 2004
Depressed Yankee Land
Leaf Lander said:
Dino Ciccarelli.

Ciccarelli, who retired in 1999, scored 608 goals - 13th on the all-time list - and he did it after every NHL team declined to draft him.

Glenn Anderson, who left the NHL in 1996, scored 498 goals and earned six Stanley Cup rings.

Steve Larmer, retired for 10 years now, was one of the most proficient and respected two-way forwards in the sport, was a key player on Canada's victorious 1991 Canada Cup team, and amassed 1,012 NHL points.

Brian Bellows, who last played in the NHL six years ago, scored 485 goals.

Kevin Lowe, who quit playing seven years ago, is the best defenceman among the previously ignored candidates.

The winningest goalie among those who were previously passed over is Andy Moog, who won 372 NHL games. Vernon won 385 and Vanbiesbrouck 374.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=125177&hubName=nhl

I just can't see any of them deserving to get in. Ciccarelli is a very close call and will probably get in. The rest were, obviously, all very good players but I just can't see any of them being HOF material. The point totals (not the only criteria obviously) aren't overwhelming and it was during an offensive era of hockey for many of them. Same general idea with the goalies, all good but none great.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
John Flyers Fan said:
Kevin Lowe was a nice defenseman, and an okay GM, but he gets an awful lot of milage about being best firends with Gretzky.

Lowe on his best day didn't sniff Mark Howe.

My thoughts exactly. He doesn`t come close to J.C. Tremblay or Doug Wilson, let alone Mark Howe.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Of all of them I'd have to say Anderson is the most deserving. His six Cups and 498 goals and 6 OT playoff goals have got to get him in there eventually you'd think. Yeah he played on some great Oiler teams and it was hard to see how good he would have been without them in his prime but you could say the same for Steve Shutt who even had one less Cup. I like Shutt, but Anderosn was every bit as good as a left winger than him. Unfortunately his lack of post season all-star nods might hold him back.

Vernon is the most deserving after that. Other than that Bellows, Lowe shouldnt even get a second look, and Vanbiesbrouck was not nearly great enough to get in there. To me the Hall should be saved for greats only. I know that Gilles is in there but forget that he is and keep the same standards. I mean were any of these guys greats? Anderson is arguably the only one I can think of.

blamebettman*

Lowe? If you let Lowe in you'll have to let Sylvain Cote, Bruce Driver, and Glen Wesley in as well.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Doomsday Device said:
None of them.

Agreed

They should have a few years of un-inductions where they remove the least deserving players

That would make great TV, especially if the players went up to make speeches after

silver_made*

Not saying he should be inducted, but Bernie Nicholls deserves inclusions among this group.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Leaf Lander said:
wendel clark too

Look I like Clark. But a guy who only had 76 points in his career once is not even close to induction IMO. Injuries may have prevented him from a HOF career but what can you do? Cam Neely isnt in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad