Who is having the better season? Ryan Ellis or TJ Brodie?

Who is better this season>

• Total voters

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Note this is not asking who is the better player, just who is having a better season so far?

Ellis has outscored Brodie by 2 points thus far, HOWEVER, Brodie plays almost no PP time, and has far better 5on5 and overall even strength production (Factor in non-PP situations, it's even better in Brodie's favour).

Ellis has 6 5on5 primary points, and Brodie has 10. Brodie's relative and raw possession metrics are far better than Ellis'. Ellis plays with an arguably better offensive partner as well in Josi rather than Giordano.

Also for what it's worth, Brodie has more Ozone faceoffs than he begins in the Ozone, showing he's able to stay out of the Dzone more often than Ellis does, as Ellis has less Ozone faceoffs than he begins in the Ozone.

For me I'd definitely say Brodie has been better this season.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Ryan Ellis hasn't been as good this year. I think he's been hurt a bit too by the absence of Arvidsson, Forsberg and Turris, but that doesn't seem to be hurting Josi and Ekholm.

Definitely our 4th best defender this season.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Not commenting on Ellis, but Brodie has had his best year in several years so far this year. He is back to his normal self. When he is ‘on’ he oozes confidence and he can certainly skate and move the puck up the ice.

Gio helps I’m sure but I think going back to his natural side and playing under Peters has helped a lot too

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00