Who is gonna get a bigger boost from the NFL/NBA Lockouts?

Moobles

Mar 15, 2009
UFC, though I think the benefits won't be huge. Boxing and football don't generally intersect- time-wise or schedule wise, and I see the same with football. You might get more reporting on UFC- in which exposure would be their biggest victory.

If both lock-out I can see the NHL making gains in most U.S. markets simply because their usual fanbase that puts them on the backpedal for most of the NFL season will be able to go to games earlier.

FranklinSteele

Mar 25, 2011
Indiana
How much the NHL benefits from the lockout depends on who they sign a TV deal with after this season is up. Versus has done a pronominal job with coverage and making the NHL its linchpin, surrounding it (or at least trying to surround it) with better programming and post-game stuff. But I don't know that it is the network that can help the NHL hang with the NBA-TNT marriage, much less the monster that is the NFL (currently locking out over 9 million in revenues... sheesh.)

If nothing else, it means more sportscenter time for hockey outside of fights, dirty hits, and random Sid/Ovie highlights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->