Who is each team’s biggest rival?

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Every team has a rival, some more intense than others. Some teams are each other’s biggest rival (Flames and Oilers), but some team’s biggest rivals aren’t their rival’s biggest rival (Montreal’s might be Boston, Boston’s might not be Montreal).

Anyone able to name each team’s main rival right now?

Cogsfordogs7

May 20, 2017
This is a great question. For the Ducks our play-off rival would be Nashville. With their success against us I doubt their fans worry about us though.
Cross-town rivals of course would be LA Kings but there is limited play-off history to cement that.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Penguins’ rival has usually been the Flyers but they have have been irrelevant for quite awhile, so it’s been the Caps as of late.

Reactions: pi314

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The flyers and pens used to be a good rivalry... not really anymore.

I honestly don’t think the flyers have a set-in-stone rivalry matchup.

Their biggest rival seems to be themselves. They kill any chance they have to do something big in the playoffs.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
FOr teh Flames, obviously the Oilers are our #1 rival, but there is a pretty healthy dislike for everything Vancouver too. I'd argue Anaheim & LA are a toss up for 3rd.

Reactions: Coffey

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings, Sharks. Ritual dance off, ritual murder off.

Ducks crosstown too and those regular season games have been heaaaated lately but with only one oddly-respectful and evenly-matched playoff series to date it's 2nd place.

I imagine Vegas games are going to look a little spicier this year too after the repeated targeting of Kopitar's head.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Despite not playing against eachother in the playoffs for a couple decades Montreal-Toronto. I've never really considered Boston a rival, don't find their fans as hard to take.

Of course neither is much of a rivalry at the moment.

Reactions: dukeofjive

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Well we have the Ducks, Sharks, Knights, and Flames.

Not really sure who's our biggest rival though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Well we have the Ducks, Sharks, Knights, and Flames.

Not really sure who's our biggest rival though.

That Kings/Flames rivalry is becoming one of my favourite things in hockey.

Like, Calgary's 'rivals' are Vancouver and Edmonton, and have been for many o years, but when one of them is rebuilding, and the other one took a decade to be partially relevant again, some of hate kind of went by the wayside.

Just love the hate between Doughty and Tkachuk, just two scumbags, doing scumbag things.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Nashville used to hate the Red Wings, but the Wings never really felt that way about Nashville. Nashville fans hate Duck fans and the teams don’t really like each other much either, but the success has been pretty one sided.
The Pens and Jets are developing quite the dislike for all things Nashville ( and the feeling is mutual) but...

I would have to say without a doubt that the Chicago and Nashville hate between the fanbases is the biggest rivalry. I think the teams actually really respect each other and enjoy the rivalry, but the fanbases hate each other completely and totally and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
:canes

Well geographically it's Washington. Long-time divisional foe and about 4 hours from Raleigh. But we've never played them in the playoffs and DC is closer to Philly/Pittsburgh anyway. Never really developed one with Atlanta unfortunately.

Playoff-wise; Buffalo, Boston, and New Jersey were our "foes" for hard-hitting and/or constant affairs (in NJs case) but no more. We had something brewing with Boston circa 2011 going back to 2009 and that 2011 regular season game where like half the Bruins roster went nuts and tried to fight every Hurricanes player, and Julien got thrown out, but Carolina didn't capitalize on it by being relevant.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
The rangers rivalry with the devils and islanders is pretty much on par in terms of hatred. The more heated rival depends on the more successful team at any particular time

I still dislike Boston the most but the rivalry between the rangers and bruins isn't as prevalent as before

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->