Who is Drew O’ Connor?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
UDFA that has slowly developed for the Penguins. Probably not a top-6 guy long term but he has fit really well with Crosby.

He's a part of a good 3rd line on a good team IMO. Nice speed, good size, good 2-way game and offers a decent bit of offensive punch.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I didn't think he had any real top 6 potential before this stretch he's put together. The skill seems to be there but consistency is the most difficult part of that role.

Seems like at worst he's a very good 3rd liner at this point, which for an undrafted free agent is amazing.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
One interesting aspect of the Guentzel trade is DOC getting the call on Sids line. Kid is seizing the opportunity and giving 100% every night. Fun to watch.

Reactions: uncleben

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
he's the new Jake Guentzel

ok that's a bit disrespectful to Guentzel, he's the new Bryan Rust

ok that's a bit disrespectful to Rust, he's the new Ryan Malone

Last edited:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

More like the new Dupuis. O'Connor has good size, good speed and excellent hustle. Not sure he's got top 6 upside but he's got everything to be a great 3rd line winger.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
More like the new Dupuis. O'Connor has good size, good speed and excellent hustle. Not sure he's got top 6 upside but he's got everything to be a great 3rd line winger.
Great comparison. I think DOC could have a pretty similar career.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
The new player Sid has to drag into relevance.

He’s actually shown some promise before playing with Sid but Sully buried him in the lineup a lot because he wasn’t over the age of 30.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
O'Connor has been floating around the Pens organization for a while. I'm glad he's finally stuck in the NHL. I concur with those who say he seems like a good third line-type player with a little upside. Dupuis is a good comparable; it's easy to imagine a prime-years Crosby turning a guy like O'Connor into a 50+ point scorer.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Kid? He's 25 that's exiting your prime territory :sarcasm:
Not to Mike Sullivan. You really enter it when you’re about 36. It’s the only explanation I can come up with as to why he won’t play younger players but will push out the body of Jeff Carter to bleed goals every game.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

the Kris Kunitz

the new who ever gets to play with Sid.

Playing with Sid - Kids game about to go to another level now ......and even after Sid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad