News Article: Who is Dave Nonis?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Trebek - "This NHL GM is being raked over the coals by posters at HFBoards for his signing of David Clarkson"

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
I have been listening to Simmonds do the Mike Richards show while he has been away and my opinion of him has changed a lot. He seems pretty reasonable.

Team Overrated

Aug 5, 2013
Great article! I hope Nonis can lay the foundations here to restore our rightful position as the league's best.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Great article! I hope Nonis can lay the foundations here to restore our rightful position as the league's best.

In Nonis we trust!!!

However he is going to have to overhaul the scouting system and\or start get better results from the draft than in the past if the Leafs are going to have long tern sustained success. A good feeder system in a Cap World is essential to get players are cheaper prices and contributing significantly to build around.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
In Nonis we trust!!!

However he is going to have to overhaul the scouting system and\or start get better results from the draft than in the past if the Leafs are going to have long tern sustained success. A good feeder system in a Cap World is essential to get players are cheaper prices and contributing significantly to build around.

I think our scouting staff is doing fairly well. Kadri was a good pick, Rielly looks like a great pick, Schenn didn't last here but he netted us JVR. Whenever we've had a good pick we seem to do well. The problem in the past has been trading draft picks (especially first rounders). Even the traded first rounders netted us a great young player in Kessel however, in the Burke/Nonis era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad