Who is currently the better defenseman? Weber or Subban?

Who is the better player as of right now?

• Total voters

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Subban has been worse so far this year but NJ has been the worst team in the league so far. I expect that to change once their young guns and new players start to get. They're have mi ore talent then lots of teams. Subban has been much better since the trade happened and will again be better than Weber soon enough.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Subban has been worse so far this year but NJ has been the worst team in the league so far. I expect that to change once their young guns and new players start to get. They're have mi ore talent then lots of teams. Subban has been much better since the trade happened and will again be better than Weber soon enough.

Ya no, Weber's been better than subban in 2 of the 3 seasons.
The only year Subban was better was when Weber only played 26 games in a season.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I haven't watched weber this year so I'm going off of him last year and saying g him

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I’m gonna say Weber but it’s definitely close. A bounce back season from Subban can certainly shift the balance back to him

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Ya no, Weber's been better than subban in 2 of the 3 seasons.
The only year Subban was better was when Weber only played 26 games in a season.

No he really hasn't and yes you lost that trade. You have made the playoffs once since the trade was made. Nashville made it to the finals with Subban and never missed the playoffs. How many times did Montreal miss the playoffs with Subban on their team. Take out his first 2 seasons because he wasnt expected to be a big contributor. Subban statistics are significantly better than Webbers since the trade in 2 of the 3 years. Montreal has been worse since the trade and Nashville was better. Subban is 4 years younger than Weber as well. There is no measurable barometer in which Weber has been better since the trade or that Montreal improved except a bunch of nonsense from haters and dinosaurs about Subban being a bad teammate. The vast, vast majority of his teammates love the guy. A fee dont but he is charismatic and good looking and boring, insecure people tend to not like Alphas. No one is liked by everyone. Yes, Nashville has moved on from Subban but the pieces they got for Subban are worth more than Weber at this point in his career. Nashville is deep in the back end and needed cap space to improve in the middle. So they made a trade for not a great return but still made the team much better overall. Weber is a netnegative now on his team at that salary and the reason he wont be moved is because most people understand he is going to decline fast now and you would need to pay to have him taken off your books.

Reason I bring this all up is I think this trade was made by another Canadians fan trying to justify that trade. The trade was bad then and it remains bad today. It will get worse and worse lol. Theres nothing to back up it was good then or will end up being good. Later!

I won't reply to anymore quotes. The deal has been talked to death and their is really nothing to debate.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
How many of you have seen Weber play this season ?

He isn't any better than Ben Chariot or Brett Kulak at this point.
Have you seen Subban play this year? No player has fallen off a cliff so far in the past 12-18 months as much as he has.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
No he really hasn't and yes you lost that trade. You have made the playoffs once since the trade was made. Nashville made it to the finals with Subban and never missed the playoffs. How many times did Montreal miss the playoffs with Subban on their team. Take out his first 2 seasons because he wasnt expected to be a big contributor. Subban statistics are significantly better than Webbers since the trade in 2 of the 3 years. Montreal has been worse since the trade and Nashville was better. Subban is 4 years younger than Weber as well. There is no measurable barometer in which Weber has been better since the trade or that Montreal improved except a bunch of nonsense from haters and dinosaurs about Subban being a bad teammate. The vast, vast majority of his teammates love the guy. A fee dont but he is charismatic and good looking and boring, insecure people tend to not like Alphas. No one is liked by everyone. Yes, Nashville has moved on from Subban but the pieces they got for Subban are worth more than Weber at this point in his career. Nashville is deep in the back end and needed cap space to improve in the middle. So they made a trade for not a great return but still made the team much better overall. Weber is a netnegative now on his team at that salary and the reason he wont be moved is because most people understand he is going to decline fast now and you would need to pay to have him taken off your books.

Reason I bring this all up is I think this trade was made by another Canadians fan trying to justify that trade. The trade was bad then and it remains bad today. It will get worse and worse lol. Theres nothing to back up it was good then or will end up being good. Later!

I won't reply to anymore quotes. The deal has been talked to death and their is really nothing to debate.
Weber > Subban AINEC.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016

Weber is a better player than Subban. Both players do not have a good contract.

Nashville still won the trade due to cap space

ijuka

May 14, 2016
At this moment, I think Shea Weber is better than Pernell-Karl Subban.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Can't believe how much both have declined.

Surely I can't be the only one not really that surprised?

Both were overrated to start with, there just wasn't that many great D in the league 5-6 years ago. Weber had already shown signs of a decline, not like he was going to get better at the time of the trade. PK is a player that relied entirely on his legs, which during his peak were definitely elite. Even losing half a step will make him look pretty average, and that's exactly what has happened.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No since the trade Weber has been the better of the two.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He dominated your boys last night
Probably the only time he will be able to keep up this season vs an NHL team when they've only played 1 game in the last week and a half. I guess you have to take the small victories this season for ya.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Can't believe how much both have declined.

Weber is 34 in a young man's league where speed is very important. Not sure what is up with Subban, have a feeling he put on too much weight a few years ago cause his decline is a little weird. Perhaps the injuries have just taken their toll, the back is always a tricky place to get injured in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad