Who is Chevy looking at adding at the Trade Deadline and for what?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Brock Nelson is a player who will get some attention from us. Minnesota born centre. I think we will want another centre. Roslovic as a winger optimizes his potential. And increases our depth. Lemieux/Petan as reserves at LW. Appleton at RW. Roslovic/Copp can play centre in a replacement role. Defense I'll say Carl Gunnarson. Cost for both is a 2nd for Nelson, maybe a prospect for Gunnarson (Kraskovsky) and late pick (5th). Keeping all valuable assets.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
From Islanders fans I’ve talked to in the past, they say Nelson is mainly a winger and not a very good centre.

Don’t know if his game has changed this year, but I was always intrigued until talking to Islanders fans who are constantly frustrated with his engagement and level of play.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Doughty would make sense, but I'm all in for it if Cheveldayoff manages to pull a move as to which LA retains his salary.

The offense doesn't need any upgrading at all!

The only thing we might need to upgrade is the defense because all we have in terms of skill and experience are Morrissey, Byfuglien, Myers (who I expect to be gone in the off-season walking away from here as a free agent), I don't see Trouba being a Jet in the future, Kulikov and Chiarot are not the guys to rely on, but Poolman I think could replace Myers down the road and fill in big shoes for this team. I think Niku will be in the top four come next season.

The goaltending doesn't really need upgrading, but in the off-season, if Brossoit somehow gets a much better opportunity then I think we'd have to sign a back-up goaltender along the likes of Brian Elliot or Calvin Pickard.

It makes sense to trade Trouba to upgrade the defense if he truly doesn't want to be here, trade him while he's valuable. Even though I do agree his +/- has been really good.

Otherwise this team is pretty much set, they just to be a lot more consistent in the regular season.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Unless an important player is injured the Jets should not do another rental. They are pretty much first in the West and will play TB for the Cup. If the Leafs make the finals you can plan the parade at Portage and Main.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Probably a veteran D, depending on our situation. Jay Boumeester type, depending on our health and their contract situation.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If we trade a first for a rental again I will be quite upset.

Only place this team needs help is defense, we have forwards capable of winning a cup.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Doughty would make sense, but I'm all in for it if Cheveldayoff manages to pull a move as to which LA retains his salary.

The offense doesn't need any upgrading at all!

The only thing we might need to upgrade is the defense because all we have in terms of skill and experience are Morrissey, Byfuglien, Myers (who I expect to be gone in the off-season walking away from here as a free agent), I don't see Trouba being a Jet in the future, Kulikov and Chiarot are not the guys to rely on, but Poolman I think could replace Myers down the road and fill in big shoes for this team. I think Niku will be in the top four come next season.

It makes sense to trade Trouba to upgrade the defense if he truly doesn't want to be here, trade him while he's valuable. Even though I do agree his +/- has been really good.

Otherwise this team is pretty much set, they just to be a lot more consistent in the regular season.

Bolster D is always good, especially if we lose Trouba and Myers. I too think Poolman can come in, he's big, steady moves well etc. Would love to see how Niku develops. Top 4 would be a huge jump from where he is now, I'm optimistic, but that's pretty lofty. Usually take dmen a several years to develop.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Yes we would have to get an awfully high end center to push little down now. Unless injuries of course.
Little isn't better than Stasny per say, he's playing well though, and we probably can't afford a high end 2C right now, so Little is a great player for that role for us.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Not sure we can afford it again this year, we will have to see. We have lost a lot of forward depth already and trading down is not a recipe for success medium/long term. It may depend on our D injury status near the deadline. If Kuli can hang in there and stay out of injury trouble, maybe the best rental bet for the playoffs would be at C again.

Reactions: sipowicz

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Not sure we can afford it again this year, we will have to see. We have lost a lot of forward depth already and trading down is not a recipe for success medium/long term. It may depend on our D injury status near the deadline. If Kuli can hang in there and stay out of injury trouble, maybe the best rental bet for the playoffs would be at C again.
And replace little who has looked great? No thank you. We have more than enough depth at C. A top 6 c goes down we use Roslo and Copp plays center on 4 th line.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Personally I dont think we are as good of a team overall as we were heading into last years playoffs. There is some growth here and there but no one has replaced Stastny yet. Though our goalie tandem is stronger. The Trouba situation might determine how much Chevy wants to go all in. If we only have him for 2 more years and Chevy plans on keeping him I could see him making adds at the deadline to give this team a shot over the next two years.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Bolster D is always good, especially if we lose Trouba and Myers. I too think Poolman can come in, he's big, steady moves well etc. Would love to see how Niku develops. Top 4 would be a huge jump from where he is now, I'm optimistic, but that's pretty lofty. Usually take dmen a several years to develop.

All this Poolman talk, fact is he had a couple good games early last season and then looked like a #7-8 D man the rest of the time, not sure Poolman is any better than Nogier or Schilling at this time!

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Personally I dont think we are as good of a team overall as we were heading into last years playoffs. There is some growth here and there but no one has replaced Stastny yet. Though our goalie tandem is stronger. The Trouba situation might determine how much Chevy wants to go all in. If we only have him for 2 more years and Chevy plans on keeping him I could see him making adds at the deadline to give this team a shot over the next two years.

this......although I do not want Trouba to walk for nothing. I am open to adding this year but ready for a re-set or small re-tool next summer, Cup or no cup.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am mindful of the fact our window is open right now. That being said with Morrissey, Scheif, Laine, Connor, Roslo, and Ehlers all pretty young we need to make sure this lasts for 5-7 seasons. I don't think we can sell our 1st round off again unless we get a really nice return for Trouba. As Buff, Litts, and Wheels sunset we need to bring in cost controlled quaility support pieces IMO.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Chevy goes all in this season trading the 1st and a prospect or 2 at the TD to upgrade at #2 LHD and a 2/3 center. Then turns around after the season and retools by moving Trouba for a higher #1 and an upgrade on the prospects lost including a young RHD.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
No 3rd or 7th in 2019, No 4th in 2020. I was going to suggest trading those types of picks.

I could see a change of scenery - type trade. Maybe Petan for another team's equivalent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad