Who is better right now, Ristolainen or Klefbom?

Who is better?

• Total voters

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Simple as that. Things to note - their ES production is practically identical, when adjusted for ice time. Risto racks up the PP points in a position that he does a very good job of managing, but that anybody could feasibly get points with, passing to Jack and ROR, who it truly funnels through.

I don't know very much at all about Klefbom, but I picture him being worse at offense/PP and less prone to horrible plays defensively. I don't know much about his (or Risto's) "shot suppression" and would ideally like to see video mixed with stats on the subject.

What do you people think?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Klefbom is much better defensively while Risto has a strong edge on offense. Klefbom is still capable of 40ish points so ultimately I take him cause he'll handle big minutes better.

Edit: for some reason I thought Risto had hit 50 points previously. After looking at his stat sheet I take back what I said about him having a 'strong' edge on Klef offensively. He's better but it's closer than I thought

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hard to say. Klefbom just had a very disappointing season so we will see how he bounces back now that he's hopefully healthy following surgery to remove bone spurs. Risto has had tougher assignments than Klefbom, but has been eaten alive in that role. I think they're pretty similar, but need another season or 2 to really give either an edge. For that reason I won't vote.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Klefbom had a tough season with injuries but he’s the better defenceman overall. That said Risto being right handed and good on the powerplay is a rarer commodity.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Love both their games, the edge That risto has offensively doesn't out way the edge defensively Klefbom has. I fully expect after a healthy off season Oscar returns to form, especially with our new defense assistant coach. I take Klefbom but its extremely close, would love both tho :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad