Who is better right NOW - Letang or Chabot

Who is better right NOW - Letang or Chabot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spfan

May 4, 2009
Who is better right NOW. Letang or Chabot?
Not taking age or contract into account.
Who's better overall?
Who's better offensively?
Who's better defensively?

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Letang's offense is simply much too elite for me to take Chabot over him.

If we pro-rate Chabot's stats from this past season for him to play 78 games like Letang did, he would finish with 50 points to Letang's 68.

In every other season prior to this, Letang has comfortably outscored Chabot, including Chabot's career year, despite Letang playing fewer games that season.

I do think it's close between them, and Chabot doesn't have the same talent to work with compared to Letang, but Letang's production is too consistent and elite to pass up.

Reactions: wetcoast and spfan

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

If we pro-rate Chabot's stats from this past season for him to play 78 games like Letang did, he would finish with 50 points to Letang's 68.

In every other season prior to this, Letang has comfortably outscored Chabot, including Chabot's career year, despite Letang playing fewer games that season.

I do think it's close between them, and Chabot doesn't have the same talent to work with compared to Letang, but Letang's production is too consistent and elite to pass up.

Pretty much this.

Reactions: OmniSens and spfan

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Letang consistently produces elite offensive numbers from the back end, and is honestly probably a little bit underrated defensively. He can be a useful all situations defenceman, and log a ton of minutes.

Chabot doesn't have quite the same productivity, and really isn't anything to write home about defensively. He still has at least as many lapses in his game as Letang. I guess he's a bit "bigger" than Letang, but in the way they play...i'm not sure that actually means much. If anything, Letang is probably the more physically engaged player anyway.

Can't really think of a reason to take Chabot over Letang for right now. The real factor in Chabot's favour, is his age if we're talking about picking between them for now and for the future. But in this case, we're not. So...i take Letang.

Reactions: sanscosm

spfan

May 4, 2009
Letang consistently produces elite offensive numbers from the back end, and is honestly probably a little bit underrated defensively. He can be a useful all situations defenceman, and log a ton of minutes.

Chabot doesn't have quite the same productivity, and really isn't anything to write home about defensively. He still has at least as many lapses in his game as Letang. I guess he's a bit "bigger" than Letang, but in the way they play...i'm not sure that actually means much. If anything, Letang is probably the more physically engaged player anyway.

Can't really think of a reason to take Chabot over Letang for right now. The real factor in Chabot's favour, is his age if we're talking about picking between them for now and for the future. But in this case, we're not. So...i take Letang.
Yeah, wanted to emphasize that we're talking about strictly now.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I'm curious to see how Chabot performs when he isn't playing absurd minutes and has a good d-core to insulate him. He's largely been on his own on the back end for the past few years and I feel his game has suffered tremendously from being overplayed.

I personally think Chabot on a good team with a good d-core would be considered a top 10 d-man in the league. Not sure we'll ever get to that point at this rate.

Reactions: topshelf15

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I'm curious to see how Chabot performs when he isn't playing absurd minutes and has a good d-core to insulate him. He's largely been on his own on the back end for the past few years and I feel his game has suffered tremendously from being overplayed.

I personally think Chabot on a good team with a good d-core would be considered a top 10 d-man in the league. Not sure we'll ever get to that point at this rate.

You could replace Chabot with Letang in your post. All those seasons carrying the corpses of Orpik, Martin and Scuderi and having to play too many games close to 30 min

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You could replace Chabot with Letang in your post. All those seasons carrying the corpses of Orpik, Martin and Scuderi and having to play too many games close to 30 min

The difference being that you have a Crosby and a Malkin to keep the puck in the other end.

I don’t have an issue with people picking Letang now.

It’s just hard to figure out where Chabot stands. Hopefully the influx of young talent will give us an idea.

Reactions: topshelf15

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Voted Chabot but I think it's close. No fault to those who voted Letang.

What I will say is I wouldn't be surprised if Chabot "breaks out" once the Sens stars start producing more as they age a little. I think Letang is more gifted offensively, but also has more tools at his disposal in the form of elite teammates.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

This is the easy answer and its right. Chabots offense isnt on Letangs level even if he has the edge in his own end. Its close but its Letang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad