Who is best Peter Forsberg at his peak Vs Connor McDavid now?

Who is best Peter Forsberg at his peak Vs Connor McDavid now?

• Peter Forsberg

Votes: 157 38.6%
  • Connor McDavid

Votes: 250 61.4%

• Total voters

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Forsberg at his peak had 183 points in 115 straight games while being a dominant physical beast and getting 4th in Selke voting in 2002-03 when his streak began. He had 27 points in 20 games in the 2002 playoffs, led the playoffs in points without his team making it to the finals while second place Yzerman had 23 in 24. I think most will vote McDavid but there is some projection there if you consider him better at his peak already because McDavid hasn't even shown what he can do in the playoffs yet and the only thing Forsberg lacked at his peak compared to McDavid now was full health.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Forsberg was such a complete player. McDavid has more talent and will have a better career, but until he shows playoff domination I'd pick FOrsberg by a hair... maybe...

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Foppa for me. Sadly he couldn't stay healthy. But at his peak he was tad better.

Yuri35

Mar 11, 2018
Forsberg at his peak had 183 points in 115 straight games while being a dominant physical beast and getting 4th in Selke voting in 2002-03 when his streak began. He had 27 points in 20 games in the 2002 playoffs, led the playoffs in points without his team making it to the finals while second place Yzerman had 23 in 24. I think most will vote McDavid but there is some projection there if you consider him better at his peak already because McDavid hasn't even shown what he can do in the playoffs yet and the only thing Forsberg lacked at his peak compared to McDavid now was full health.

/End of thread
BUT that's only comparing to current Mcdavid cause I have no doubt Mcdavid has yet to reach his true peak....and I think it's going to be higher than Foppa's

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Forsberg's peak >McDavid right now. That said, if McDavid can find that drive that Forsberg had, he will be the better player.

This is actually an intriguing poll. I can't blame anyone for voting either way. Should be close.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Close but Forsberg. Playoff warrior with similiar offensive peak. so far obviously.
Can't see any reason to vote for McDavid really but I suspect that might not be the case in 5 years or so.

Reactions: Dingo

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
For one, people these days think it's not even debatable that he was better than Sakic.
For another, people think his prime was better than the most dominant forward in the league in 2018. It's ridiculous how good McDavid is right now.

Your first point I can see but the second not so much, I think most people are in agreement McDavid will be better but the fact that you don't even think it's arguable right now when McDavid hasn't even had a good playoff run yet and hasn't shown to be any better offensively or defensively than Forsberg at his peak is a bit odd.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
For one, people these days think it's not even debatable that he was better than Sakic.
For another, people think his prime was better than the most dominant forward in the league in 2018. It's ridiculous how good McDavid is right now.

Let’s ask the people who actually know about this, the hardcore Avs’ fans:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/forsberg-vs-sakic.2561279/#post-151370533

Yep, it’s Forsberg by a solid margin. Can we just stop this Sakic > Forsberg BS once and for all?

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
McDavid's takeaway game is insane he'll have years high in selke while winning hart's and roses in the same year

Reactions: snipes

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I would take a peak Forsberg in the playoffs any day over current McDavid, but McDavid is currently better suited for the regular season.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
current McDavid easily

people are forgetting that he plays with literally no names and still wins art rosses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad