Speculation: Who is a must go and who is a must keep?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Reading on Calgarypuck that Gaudreau is expendable if we manage to sign Tyler Toffoli. Please burn that awful site to the ground

Pretty much go there to lurk because it’s so much more active than hfflames, but otherwise yuck.

People still think couturier is a piece they can get back for Gaudreau. Lmfao

Reactions: viper0220 and Dack

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Keep:

Tkachuk
Bennett
Anderson
Dube
Eat Bread
Lindholm

Trade:

Gaudreau
Monahan
Giordano

Others:

See what the market is for them

Let go:

Ward as head coach
All the assistants(let the new coach hire his own)
The goalie coach

This is what I would like to see but I think we will bring back Ward as the head coach and wheel of mediocrity will continue.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Trade anyone not named Monahan or Backlund.
In that tone, scenario, how about finding a decent young C and RHS Dman, for Johnny. He wants to go back to his hometown, Philly some day. We could send him there early and ask for Rd RFA Phillipe Myers - great potential, great size and reach, skating and all around 200ft awareness. And ask for C- Nolan Patrick. Then, we could try Money on the wing with Backs at Center and Lindy on the Rw. Other top line could be Taylor Hall (if signed) with Nolan Patrick at C and Mat Truk on RW. Possibilities?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Actually this helps merit my suggestion to putting Money on the Wing and move, 1) Derek Ryan to C and ? on the other wing; or, 2) Benny to C and ? other wing.
And have Backs C the other top line ( with Johnny and Lindy, or?).
Gotta keep Mony though because we can't replace our "best center since Niewendyk". Just like how the Oilers should never even consider moving Klefbom because he's their best D man since Pronger.

Stagnant "middling/ mediocrity" is what this statement results in! Yes, Money has been, likely is our best Center but sticking with that "choice", we are not improving our outcome likelyness because we have not been successful enough to win it all!
Keep Money and move other pieces but try best to improve on Money at top C, or we're just "idling away".
This is why I believe if no big return of interest is offered back for putting Money's name out there, serious consideration in moving Money to wing and move Backs, or Lindy or Benny, or Dube into C with him.
Has a line of JG-Backs (C)- Money ever been tried for a tree test ( at least 10 games)? Probably not, as Money and Backs have been the top C's here for some time.
Try Tkachuk with either Ryan or Benny or Lindy at C and the other on Wing. Could bring some different outcomes in Johnny can continue to drive play offensively, with Backs covering behind but atoned with the play going forward and Money could be drawing D attention away from Johnny and finding openings to receive a pass to finish. Money would not be responsible for center, neutral are a coverage and faceoffs, concentrating on his side and moving yo finishing forward openings. Backs is more than capable at faceoffs, zone coverage, defensive positioning and at making offensive plays..
Lots of over-kill on specifics and potential, outcome,etc. Back to the specific thread topic,
My take:- move Money, trade for best package or another top-player option, or move him to Wing.
- offer Johnny G out there and look seriously at returns.- offer Backlund and a younger Dman for a top RHS Dman ( Minny for Dumba+?)
- offer Mangie, Hanifin or Kylington plus Rittich for a top Goalie or?
- Lucic to VCR for Eriksson? (Sideways move of ? + adding more $$'s yo over-kill minimum production "cap-killer-contract". Could maybe get +'ve out of a
Eriksson-Backlund-Lindholm line, but costs over $15 mil so you better get very good production!

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Actually this helps merit my suggestion to putting Money on the Wing and move, 1) Derek Ryan to C and ? on the other wing; or, 2) Benny to C and ? other wing.
And have Backs C the other top line ( with Johnny and Lindy, or?).

Stagnant "middling/ mediocrity" is what this statement results in! Yes, Money has been, likely is our best Center but sticking with that "choice", we are not improving our outcome likelyness because we have not been successful enough to win it all!
Keep Money and move other pieces but try best to improve on Money at top C, or we're just "idling away".
This is why I believe if no big return of interest is offered back for putting Money's name out there, serious consideration in moving Money to wing and move Backs, or Lindy or Benny, or Dube into C with him.
Has a line of JG-Backs (C)- Money ever been tried for a tree test ( at least 10 games)? Probably not, as Money and Backs have been the top C's here for some time.
Try Tkachuk with either Ryan or Benny or Lindy at C and the other on Wing. Could bring some different outcomes in Johnny can continue to drive play offensively, with Backs covering behind but atoned with the play going forward and Money could be drawing D attention away from Johnny and finding openings to receive a pass to finish. Money would not be responsible for center, neutral are a coverage and faceoffs, concentrating on his side and moving yo finishing forward openings. Backs is more than capable at faceoffs, zone coverage, defensive positioning and at making offensive plays..
Lots of over-kill on specifics and potential, outcome,etc. Back to the specific thread topic,
My take:- move Money, trade for best package or another top-player option, or move him to Wing.
- offer Johnny G out there and look seriously at returns.- offer Backlund and a younger Dman for a top RHS Dman ( Minny for Dumba+?)
- offer Mangie, Hanifin or Kylington plus Rittich for a top Goalie or?
- Lucic to VCR for Eriksson? (Sideways move of ? + adding more $$'s yo over-kill minimum production "cap-killer-contract". Could maybe get +'ve out of a
Eriksson-Backlund-Lindholm line, but costs over $15 mil so you better get very good production!

I'm part of team trade Monahan, I was mocking Calgarypuck users.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
TBH, I wonder at times if we could force Monahan to develop without actually moving him. We've seen glimpses of a different play style away from JG.

Assuming no move, would a top 9 like this be an easier pill to swallow? (Rather than see JG and Mony attached at the hip again?)

Tkachuk - Backlund - Monahan (Should still be defensive enough while adding a trigger man to a sneaky play maker in Tkachuk)
Gaudreau - Bennett/Ryan - Lindholm
Lucic - Bennett/Ryan - Dube

Monahan can still operate as a sniper in general on that line, but on that line he'd be asked to be more physical and dig out more pucks to try and snipe a shot at Tkachuk going for tip. If he actually develops those skills, I think we'd see a significant improvement of his play if rejoined with JG that is not what we are currently used to and might actually be more similar to some of what we saw in 2015? (ie: Injuries, line blender etc.)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
There is no must keep. Closest is takchuk but if buffalo wants him for Eichel then he is gone

Not sure if there is a must go but everyone is available ... shake up is needed badly.

A real shake up, not a 4th liner pick-up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->