Who is a bigger detriment to the future success of the Flyers?

Who is a bigger detriment to the future success of the Flyers?

• Total voters

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
While the obvious answer seems like AV to me, I'm not sure. When AV is inevitably axed who comes next? I haven't seen any moves from Fletcher that make me confident he will hire a competent replacement or improve the roster in any meaningful way.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Check in next season. I don't come to any conclusions over the clusterf--k that has been this season, on so many levels.
I mean we're out of the playoffs and half the Phantom's schedule seems to have imploded. So much for player development.

Fletcher will make his moves this summer, AV will get one more shot, and by next spring we'll know if any of it worked.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Dave Scott
Chuck Fletcher
AV
Michel therrion
Mike Yeo
Jake voracek
Opinion that provy is a number 1 D
Softness of roster

in that order

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
This is like asking if you'd prefer pneumonic Black Death or Zaire Ebola.
giphy.gif

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
AV had a positive impact on the team when he came here but this season and in particular his treatment of the younger players has raised concerns. I dislike his choice of assistant coaches more than anything else about his way of doing things.

As far as Fletcher is regarded, I'm leaning towards giving him next offseason to really model the roster according to his vision before I come up with a final assesment. Now that he knows every player and prospect and there is a glaring need for change and some former untouchable assets potentially being added to his list of movable parts, he should have way more options.

... for now their fate is linked to one another. They get their shit together next season, or ownership will ask for both of their heads.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
AV had a positive impact on the team when he came here but this season and in particular his treatment of the younger players has raised concerns. I dislike his choice of assistant coaches more than anything else about his way of doing things.

As far as Fletcher is regarded, I'm leaning towards giving him next offseason to really model the roster according to his vision before I come up with a final assesment. Now that he knows every player and prospect and there is a glaring need for change and some former untouchable assets potentially being added to his list of movable parts, he should have way more options.

... for now their fate is linked to one another. They get their shit together next season, or ownership will ask for both of their heads.

This is where I'm at.

I initially thought the hires were fine, especially AV who has had a track record of success.

Last year, the team seemed to make progress and unlock some of their potential.

This year, they look like a bottom third NHL team without any identity. Unwatchable on most nights.

So, this off-season is the most important one for the Flyers in a long time - and it's up to Fletch to make it count.

If the team is in the same place next year, they both need to go.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
This is a Sophie’s Choice poll. I blame the dentists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad