Who here owns the Rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Specifically, I mean who owns shares of Madison Square Garden stock?

It is absurdly expensive (>30x Earnings :amazed:) on valuation, partially due to how unique the assets and partly due to anticipation of a shareholder return strategy. I personally said **** the valuation and bought some. :yo:

Plus, it might underperform due to it being a bit rich, but it will be worth more than it is today in 10 years.

I'm also an unfortunate holder of the Habs (through Bell), the Leafs (through Rogers), and even worse an owner of the Flyers through Comcast :(

Last edited:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Specifically, I mean who owns shares of Madison Square Garden stock?

It is absurdly expensive (>30x Earnings :amazed:) on valuation, partially due to how unique the assets and partly due to anticipation of a shareholder return strategy. I personally said **** the valuation and bought some. :yo:

Plus, it might underperform due to it being a bit rich, but it will be worth more than it is today in 10 years.

I'm also an unfortunate holder of the Habs (through Bell), the Leafs (through Rogers), and even worse an owner of the Flyers through Comcast :(

Hey interesting strategy... I don't have any media conglomerates or sports related investments, mine are all income generating, or high risk high reward private sector investments... but I am very eager to see how Rogers does with the virtual monopoly they will have with the upcoming TV deal in Canada. That would be like one of Fox/NBC/CBS having exclusive football rights, but at a smaller scale.

If you think the MSG valuation is absurd, you should see what things go for in the tech space. I'm exclusively private sector there... the other side of my portfolio is far more bearish.

Comcast is taking heat for their attack on net neutrality here in the states, they aren't underperformers in the long term given their size, but I would straddle with them for sure.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Hey interesting strategy... I don't have any media conglomerates or sports related investments, mine are all income generating, or high risk high reward private sector investments... but I am very eager to see how Rogers does with the virtual monopoly they will have with the upcoming TV deal in Canada. That would be like one of Fox/NBC/CBS having exclusive football rights, but at a smaller scale.

If you think the MSG valuation is absurd, you should see what things go for in the tech space. I'm exclusively private sector there... the other side of my portfolio is far more bearish.

Comcast is taking heat for their attack on net neutrality here in the states, they aren't underperformers in the long term given their size, but I would straddle with them for sure.

Definitely aware haha. ie: "Valuation undefined / divide by 0." I work for a mutual company on the Fixed Income side so we don't play the Twitters, but I own a few high risk tech names personally but I only have a bit of money in them.

Among my riskiest:
-Vimpelcom (You end up being long the ruble lol)
-Prontoforms (Mobile SaaS)
-BSM Technologies
-Alliance Fiber (Fiber Optics for Data Centres/Residential Fiber Components)

I'm really overweight Media though (CBS/FOX/Discovery/Comcast), and Tech (~20% Google)

Last edited:

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
It seems the more important thread to start would be... "Who has seen Slap Shot?".

HijackedThread.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad