• Slavin-Hamilton-Pesce

• Hedman-Sergachev-McDonagh

• Pietrangelo-Theodore-Martinez

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
:laugh:

please dont compare 3 legends and 4 time Cup winners to 3 kids with barely 2 seasons under their belt.
The three Hab’s greats were (once) kids too. The three Avs’ young D (Makar, Girard, Byrum) control the play like the Hab’s big three did. And they are only going to get even better.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
The three Hab’s greats were (once) kids too. The three Avs’ young D (Makar, Girard, Byrum) control the play like the Hab’s big three did. And they are only going to get even better.
Makar 5'11
Girard 5'10
Byram 6'1

Robinson 6'4
Savard 6'3
Lapointe 6'0

And thats just their size. Lets just wait until calling the young Avs HOFers, come on now. Girard and Byram arent even all-stars yet.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Canes but I'm biased. Tampa and Dallas also very good. Crazy how 4 of the top 5 teams in this poll are in the same division this year...

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not even close. The Habs Big Three will never be equaled:
‘The 1976-77 Montreal Canadiens are considered the best team in modern NHL history. They played 80 games that season and only lost eight of them while outscoring opponents 387-171. Montreal scored more goals than any other team in the league while giving up fewer tallies than any other club. They also finished 20 points ahead of any other team in the league in the standings.’

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not even close. The Habs Big Three will never be equaled:
‘The 1976-77 Montreal Canadiens are considered the best team in modern NHL history. They played 80 games that season and only lost eight of them while outscoring opponents 387-171. Montreal scored more goals than any other team in the league while giving up fewer tallies than any other club. They also finished 20 points ahead of any other team in the league in the standings.’
True. They were fabulous team, and their three big D were awesome. But this ?Avs three (Makar, Girard, and Byrum) are pretty darned amazing. They control the play like I haven’t seen since the great Habs trio.
Toews is their Engbloom.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
True. They were fabulous team, and their three big D were awesome. But this ?Avs three (Makar, Girard, and Byrum) are pretty darned amazing. They control the play like I haven’t seen since the great Habs trio.
I agree that the Avs have a very good top 3. But all three Habs are Hall of Famers. At best I think Makar has a shot of being a Hall-of Famer. Not the other two.
Same with Tampa. It’s only Hedman.
I doubt we will ever see three Hall of Famers in their prime on the same blue line ever again in history. There’s a reason why when you google Big Three you get the Habs trio.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Clearly Tampa.

I don't think the Avalanche trio is as close to second as some suggest. They are relying on younger players who aren't as proven. I don't see how they are above teams like Nashville and Carolina either.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Clearly Tampa.

I don't think the Avalanche trio is as close to second as some suggest. They are relying on younger players who aren't as proven. I don't see how they are above teams like Nashville and Carolina either.

I agree they are likely not #1, but of these three in the poll, only Makar is particularly young, and obviously he's pretty special. Girard is in his 4th year and is very established as a top, if under the radar, dman, and Toews is only in his third year in the NHL but is 27.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree they are likely not #1, but of these three in the poll, only Makar is particularly young, and obviously he's pretty special. Girard is in his 4th year and is very established as a top, if under the radar, dman, and Toews is only in his third year in the NHL but is 27.

They are less proven and established. Girard and Toews aren't as established as top pair defensemen in the league as players like Hamilton, Slavin, Ellis, and Ekholm.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Clearly Tampa.

I agree they're less proven, but they're arguably having the best season out of all the choices. If people are solely basing their opinions off this season, I can see it. But they don't have the proven consistency that other trios do.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I give Tampa a slight edge over Carolina. Hedman is the current best D in the NHL and McDonagh is still an elite defender. I don't love Sergachev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad