Who has the best draft guides? Any out yet?

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
None out yet. But EliteProspects is without a doubt the best. The fact that it comes with the monthly subscription (something like $10) as opposed to costing $60 or something at HockeyProspect makes it even better. But even at that price point I’d consider EP the best.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
None out yet. But EliteProspects is without a doubt the best. The fact that it comes with the monthly subscription (something like $10) as opposed to costing $60 or something at HockeyProspect makes it even better. But even at that price point I’d consider EP the best.
The price is indeed pretty nice but i have to say in respect to professionnal and what seems to be a very independant ranking, my personnal best is hockeyprospect. I just respect their opinion’s a lot and they have good individual player write ups with nhl scouts quotes on each of them.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I pay for their website but hate their draft guide. All images, no text. Waste.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I pay for their website but hate their draft guide. All images, no text. Waste.
Are you sure you’re talking about the right guide? EP’s was 1,200 pages long or something like that. 200 of them may have included images but the remaining 1,000 were text pages. Including player summaries and individual game reports.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Are you sure you’re talking about the right guide? EP’s was 1,200 pages long or something like that. 200 of them may have included images but the remaining 1,000 were text pages. Including player summaries and individual game reports.

The guide I got was a PDF scanned as an image.
They probably see it as copyright protection.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Finally subbed to hockeyprospect.com.
Underwhelmed.
I love the blackbook.
But the web content isn't doesn't meet that standard.
Also, their search function is fubarred.

Is it always like this? Or is it just because it's a COVID year?

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Finally subbed to hockeyprospect.com.
Underwhelmed.
I love the blackbook.
But the web content isn't doesn't meet that standard.
Also, their search function is fubarred.

Is it always like this? Or is it just because it's a COVID year?

This year the number of new reports does seem to be slow due to COVID.

Even with that I find the web content is my favorite. The combination of skill ratings and narrative gives me a better picture of a prospect's potential. Also, Mark is pretty accessible and open to suggestions to make his product better.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Is the Black book worth picking up now? Or is it better to wait til closer to the draft?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I took a chance on the Draftpro guide - I figured I could throw them 20 bucks just for putting up the free draft simulator. It's... ok. I don't feel like I didn't get my money's worth, but after their top 32 picks you get less and less info. Top 32 picks each have a full page. After that it's 2 players per page, then 3, then 4. Not as detailed as Black Book but also half the price.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Is the Black book worth picking up now? Or is it better to wait til closer to the draft?
A pre-order could save you some money. I pre-ordered mine a while back but its not out yet. Their current version (they update them) of the pdf only has Beniers and Edvinsson.

I saw that Elite Prospects released their book as well though I have not purchased that one yet.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Recrutes has (edit: had) Boisvert's list. Worth a look for that reason at least.

Last edited:

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I took a chance on the Draftpro guide - I figured I could throw them 20 bucks just for putting up the free draft simulator. It's... ok. I don't feel like I didn't get my money's worth, but after their top 32 picks you get less and less info. Top 32 picks each have a full page. After that it's 2 players per page, then 3, then 4. Not as detailed as Black Book but also half the price.
I’d love to see their 2022 and 2023 lists but don’t want to buy it only for that. Is there much information on 2023 or just a list?

I usually buy 3 guides, which is already way more than I can read and probably way more than I should afford haha. Definitely going Eliteprospects, probably Future Considerations and maaaaybe Black Book.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Having a hard time deciding who you want your fav team to draft in 2021?

The Draft Prospects Hockey (DraftPro) 2021 NHL draft guide and yearbooks are now available for instant download with all the information to bring you up to speed on the 2021 draft crop. Plus plenty of content on the 2022 and even 2023 draft crops.
IMG_20210523_211752.jpg
Get the 557 page Digital Yearbook
DRAFTPRO – 2021 NHL DRAFT YEARBOOK – DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
IMG_20210523_211801.jpg
Get the 230 page Digital Guide
DRAFTPRO – 2021 NHL DRAFT GUIDE – DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY

The digital guide is 230 pages of rankings, profiles, features and futures while the digital yearbook is 557 pages of rankings, profiles, features, futures and hundreds of chronological game reports from the two plus years we have been tracking these kids develop.

The print guide is 227 pages of rankings, profiles, features and futures while the print yearbook is 286 pages of chronological game reports but contains no draft guide content as it is an add-on to the guide. The Amazon page limitations and cost forced us to break the print versions apart.

The print version of the 2021 Draft Guide is also available on Amazon (all regions).
https://www.amazon.com/Draft-Prospe...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=56PZZAE3GCCKJ5ZHTF90

The print version of the 2021 Draft Yearbook is also on Amazon (all regions).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096TJDHM4?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I’d love to see their 2022 and 2023 lists but don’t want to buy it only for that. Is there much information on 2023 or just a list?

I usually buy 3 guides, which is already way more than I can read and probably way more than I should afford haha. Definitely going Eliteprospects, probably Future Considerations and maaaaybe Black Book.

We go top 64 in our 2022 rankings and give you the top 32 profiles and top 32 for 2023 and give you ten profiles, plus a nice Bedard article and if you get the digital yearbook there are like 70 pages of 2022 and 2023 eligible game reports to go through...so yes a pretty solid futures section.

Reactions: pgfan66

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario

Did you buy the Guide for $10.99 or the Yearbook for $19.99? Because if you purchased the yearbook there is a ton of detail to uncover by reading through the game reports as well.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

2023 has their top 32 list and roughly a paragraph per player for the top 10.

Reactions: pgfan66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->