Music: Who has Sirius XM?

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I started my 30 day free trial last month and plan to gravitate to a full subscription on the 21st.

I mainly listen to rock-based channels which is good because I play a lot of Super Smash Bros. with that game's music turned off. Although I think the hair metal channel should play more obscure bands every now and then.

Of course since I don't drive mine is online streaming only.

Anyone else have it?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I started my 30 day free trial last month and plan to gravitate to a full subscription on the 21st.

I mainly listen to rock-based channels which is good because I play a lot of Super Smash Bros. with that game's music turned off. Although I think the hair metal channel should play more obscure bands every now and then.

Of course since I don't drive mine is online streaming only.

Anyone else have it?

Used to but I always cancel my subscription after the NFL season is over.

Word of advice. Don't pay the full subscription. Phone in a few days before your trial is over and tell them you want to cancel your trial or that you are not interested in continuing to a full subscription. You will see the price dramatically drop by half or more. The last plan I had was 4.99 cdn per month as I only ever did six month specials and phoned in to cancel them a few days before they expired, only to have a lower price offered to keep me on.

Reactions: GreytWun

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Ive had it for a decade or so. I’ve never even thought about trying to get a cheaper rate:huh: . I listen to it a fair bit on my breaks.

Some of the on air talent can be annoying. My kid loves Hits One. I have listened to more hockey on channel 91 this year than ever.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I concur with phoning in when they have the short term promos. Far cheaper in the long run.
NHL Network Radio and First Wave save me from the inept deejays and brutally bad Top 40 of my terrible small town radio station

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have it.

I hate commercials and it exposes me to new music.

I wish the comedy channels were better for road trips.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I had a free 3 month trial when I bought my car. It's great but I never renewed it. Every couple of months, they give you a free 2 week trial, so that's nice to have

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I've got it.. Split my time between NHL Hockey Radio (91) and Howard Stern (100)

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I've got it. Love it.

Definitely never accept the stated sub rate. Always call when close to expiring and negotiate a better deal.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I listen to

70's on 7
80's on 8
The Bridge (Channel 32)
Soul Town (Channel 49)
Love (Channel 70)

Occasionally I will listen to Lithium and 60's on 6

But Cousin Brucie ruins 60's on 6 anytime he is on. Litteraly a god awful and annoying personaltiy who talks endlessly and takes forever to get to next song

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
it just plays ads for me. i don't have the full version though. at one point last year it played only 5 songs.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Ive had it for a decade or so. I’ve never even thought about trying to get a cheaper rate:huh: . I listen to it a fair bit on my breaks.

Ya it’s well worth it. Even if you’re planning on renewing, just say it’s not worth it to you so you’ll have to cancel and they’ll go way cheaper to make sure they don’t lose you. I’m going with the “I only ever listened to Faction and it’s gone” to see if I can push it even more

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Ya it’s well worth it. Even if you’re planning on renewing, just say it’s not worth it to you so you’ll have to cancel and they’ll go way cheaper to make sure they don’t lose you. I’m going with the “I only ever listened to Faction and it’s gone” to see if I can push it even more
This pretty much works with things like cable and internet too. I called AT&T and they offered to take $17 off my internet bill (one year) if I tried DirecTV Now. (Ended up getting DTVN for 4 months at @ $10/mo + $5 HBO)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Got it for free for 6 months with my car. It was ok, only really use it when I go on a road trip since it's annoying finding FM stations that keep cutting out. Didn't renew it.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Smash Bros. fans who listen to 60s on 6 should listen for a certain song by The Turtles. The nostalgia will kick in. (Though there are certain other channels that are better suited for listening to while playing later Smash games, like Liquid Metal, Ozzy's Boneyard, Lithium, Hair Nation, Octane and Turbo.)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm really conflicted with SiriusXM. I'm actually starting to get tired of the music stations (It felt like in the past the libraries were a lot bigger) but I love stuff like NHL Network Radio and MLB Network Radio. I wish they offered like a sports/talk package without the music. I guess they have to pay royalties so that is not doable.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it's awesome

8os on 8
90s on 9
First Wave
Lithium
Classic Rewind

are my go to music channels. NHL and MLB network are great for pbp

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
I'd like to see Sirius XM launch a blue-eyed soul channel. Core artists could include Adele, Bee Gees, The Box Tops, Culture Club, Hall & Oates, Tom Jones, George Michael, Maroon 5, Michael McDonald, Robert Palmer, the Rascals, Righteous Brothers, Todd Rundgren, Spencer Davis Group, Dusty Springfield, Sam Smith, Robin Thicke, Justin Timberlake, Amy Winehouse, and Steve Winwood.

It could also play one-hit wonders, and blue-eyed soul tracks from artists not typically known for playing the style of music (like Sledgehammer and Steam by Peter Gabriel).

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Sirius is awesome for the sports channels and being able to listen to any team's home station, but I loved the Broadway station, the old radio classics station, and oddly the weather/traffic stations for the major cities in the US. Was very calming and nice to zone out to LA traffic when I'm far from there.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
it just plays ads for me. i don't have the full version though. at one point last year it played only 5 songs.
Buying a subscription may fix your ad problem lol.

It was free last month, but honestly if I was going to pay for a music streaming service it'd be spotify.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I had it free for 3 months with my car when I called to cancel they offered it to me for 6 months for 4.99. I plan on calling near the end of the 6 months and telling them I plan on cancelling to get the cheaper rate again.

Listen to music and a lot of news radio, and also baseball games . Listening to baseball on the radio is amazing .

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I always call Rogers to get better deals, but I’m also paying well over $100 a month for my account. I’ve had Sirius for about 6-7 years, but I could only put up with the calling every six months to get a better deal for so long. It’s a chore, and sometimes you run into people who look up your subscription history and absolutely refuse to give you the six month special again. Happened to me awhile ago where I just gave up after four calls all had them refuse it (and they didn’t budge when I threatened to cancel). I didn’t have it for a few months then resubscriped, because it’s too damn good.

One issue is they like to kill stations or put them into Sirius purgatory (online only). Like xL Faction, a punk rock station which is much better than Turbo (only time I’ll listen to it consistently is when RATM, Tool, Rise Against or SOAD are playing).

Lithium is my go to, but I have Alt Nation, Boneyard, XMU and Classic Vinyl on my main presets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad