Who has more value - Chabot or Draisaitl?

Who has more value?

• Thomas Chabot (OTT)

• Leon Draisaitl (EDM)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Because Mcdavid is so good, all these fools seem to think Draisaitl is some scrub. There isn't a single player in the league that's putting up similar numbers to Draisaitl without an elite linemate(s)
That is wrong.

First off Dra has an elite line mate named McDavid (like 60% of the time, you know that time he actually produces) so that is a bizarre point to make. You can look around the league and see several point a game or close C that do not have elite line mates. None play with guys as bad as the Oiler wingers though, to be fair.

I would say in this instance it is not a fair comparison because one guy is on an ECL. Most teams would need Dra over Chabot so I guess his value is probably higher but you have to temper it with age, potential upside and contracts.

Voted Dra.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Sens are clearly the worst team in the league right now. How much worse could they be without Chabot there?

To be fair, they literally have no wingers.

They won 1 of 8 games without Chabot thats alot worse than the current winning percentage.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Chabot is the kind of player Edmonton would hope they could trade Draisaitl for. Don't think Ottawa would do it unless Edmonton added though (and adding to Draisaitl would probably result in the Oilers overpaying).

If Draisaitl ever becomes established at center (away from McDavid), he probably becomes more valuable than Chabot, but then again the value of center vs defense is always very debatable, so who knows in that scenario.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m just curious. If it’s so obvious and expected that Draisaitl wouldn’t produce or be able to carry a 2nd line in Edmonton on his own due to their crappy wingers, why would they even try it? Multiple times?

If there was no hope or expectation that he could or might do it, why even bother?

I’m sure no one would expect him to hit 80-90 pts in that situation, but something at least.

Bo Horvat looks as though he’ll get 60-65 pts as a 2C and who are his wingers again? You know how much Drai getting 65 pts as 2C would help Edmonton? They don’t have him there, after trying multiple times because he can’t do it on his own.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad