Who has more value - Chabot or Draisaitl?

Who has more value?

• Thomas Chabot (OTT)

• Leon Draisaitl (EDM)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It’s close. Draisaitl is more established but Chabot is showing his ceiling is very high as a defenseman in this league with his play this season.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
maybe when I see Draisaitl take over the 2nd line and produce it would be a bit closer but at the moment I say Chabot by a mile.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
maybe when I see Draisaitl take over the 2nd line and produce it would be a bit closer but at the moment I say Chabot by a mile.

I'm starting to feel the need to just put people on the spot when they go with this now classic HF Board moniker that Drai isn't a #1c.

Who should Draisatl be producing with on the 2nd line? Give me 1 example of a star player who produces with linemates with similar ability to Lucic, Reider, Kassian, Chiasson, Ty Rattie.. I'll wait.

Chabot looks like a stud and I like him a lot and a #1D man is equally if not more valuable than a #1C but when people say stuff like "by a mile" it's downright laughable. He's played half a season.

Reactions: bert

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Because Mcdavid is so good, all these fools seem to think Draisaitl is some scrub. There isn't a single player in the league that's putting up similar numbers to Draisaitl without an elite linemate(s)

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
As a Oilers/Sens fan Draisaitl is an amazing player but having a player like Chabot in the backend makes a worlds difference what he can bring. So I'd have to go with Chabot.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
This is Chabot for sure, even after he signs a comparable contract to Draisaitl in 2020.
You can make a case that Draisaitl is more established but Chabot has played at a higher level this season then Draisaitl ever has. I mean that with no disrespect to Draisaitl.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
This is Chabot for sure, even after he signs a comparable contract to Draisaitl in 2020.
You can make a case that Draisaitl is more established but Chabot has played at a higher level this season then Draisaitl ever has. I mean that with no disrespect to Draisaitl.

Draisaitl is third in goals and 11th in points, also has a previous top 10 points finish but Chabot in 50 games has played at a higher level than him :laugh:

Not saying Chabot isnt amazing but that's a bad take.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I'm starting to feel the need to just put people on the spot when they go with this now classic HF Board moniker that Drai isn't a #1c.

Who should Draisatl be producing with on the 2nd line? Give me 1 example of a star player who produces with linemates with similar ability to Lucic, Reider, Kassian, Chiasson, Ty Rattie.. I'll wait.

Chabot looks like a stud and I like him a lot and a #1D man is equally if not more valuable than a #1C but when people say stuff like "by a mile" it's downright laughable. He's played half a season.

You were doing a great job proving your point before dropping this bombshell. No way no how is a 1D equal to a 1C, let alone more valuable.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
You were doing a great job proving your point before dropping this bombshell. No way no how is a 1D equal to a 1C, let alone more valuable.

Lots of people would disagree with you

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Draisaitl doesn't just fail to produce while he's on the 2nd line, he also gets caved in with awful possession numbers, even relative to his awful team without him.

He's not proven as a #1C. He may or may not have the ability to be a #1C but he just has not proven it yet. It's really, really simple stuff.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Draisaitl doesn't just fail to produce while he's on the 2nd line, he also gets caved in with awful possession numbers, even relative to his awful team without him.

He's not proven as a #1C. He may or may not have the ability to be a #1C but he just has not proven it yet. It's really, really simple stuff.

While on the 2nd line, he plays with terrible wingers and his relative numbers would be compared against McDavid's line as well, not just an awful team.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
As a Oilers/Sens fan Draisaitl is an amazing player but having a player like Chabot in the backend makes a worlds difference what he can bring. So I'd have to go with Chabot.

The Sens are clearly the worst team in the league right now. How much worse could they be without Chabot there?

To be fair, they literally have no wingers.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
The Sens are clearly the worst team in the league right now. How much worse could they be without Chabot there?.

How many Sens games have you watched vs Oilers games? I've watched every single one of them and having a player like Chabot in the backend who will only get better. When he's on the ice he plays a strong defensive game and is unreal moving up the puck. I'll say this confidence the Oilers are by far the worst team in the league. They don't play as a team they aren't having fun at all. Truthfully if they didn't have McDavid they would be in big trouble. The Sens have depth and a young team. They just have a shitty owner that's destroying everything. My number one team is the Oilers but I find I've been having way more fun watching the Sens play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad