Who has more trade value? W Nylander or Provorov

Who has more trade value Nylander or Provorov?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander easily has more value and is a player that brings a team closer to winning than Provorov.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Provorov easily. He’s excellent at both ends of the ice and he logs a lot of ice time for the Flyers.

Nylander is a soft winger that does not contribute without time, space and the puck on his stick.

Reactions: HyPnOtiK

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I don't think provorov is worth 6.75m at this point in his career. Could see that changing in a couple years, obviously, but currently no.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Provorov. A #1D holds more value than a top line winger*.

*Clarification before anyone compares someone like Kucherov to Morgan Rielly. The above statement applies assuming two players who are roughly ranked equally at their positions, not one defenseman who is outside the top 15 at his position and a winger who is one of the (if not the) best at his.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
2-3 years ago leaf fans were already saying that nylander was better than john tavares.

Leaf fans said he was better than aho and gaudreau a couple years ago as well.

For some reason nylander gets extremely over rated by a small segment of leaf fans. Don't place to much weight on their opinions.​

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
2-3 years ago leaf fans were already saying that nylander was better than john tavares.

For some reason nylander gets extremely over rated by a small segment of leaf fans. Don't place to much weight on their opinions.​
You’re right, but he’s underrated by a much larger segment.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Nylander easily has more value and is a player that brings a team closer to winning than Provorov.
Elaborate how he brings a team closer to winning when you haven’t made it out of the first round and didn’t even make the playoffs last year? Whilst provorov led his team to the second round, keep on dreaming

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Nylander is a very good player but this is Prov quite easily. He hasn't consistently been a #1D (Big down year in 18-19) but he's done it enough to prove that he can be an important piece on a top defensive pair. He can absolutely end up being a top 10 Dman in the league where as I don't think Nylander has that kind of ceiling. He's a 70+ offensive type who doesn't exactly have a well rounded game. I could see some PPG seasons in there but I don't think he'll have the impact of Provorov.

Reactions: DaveG

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Elaborate how he brings a team closer to winning when you haven’t made it out of the first round and didn’t even make the playoffs last year? Whilst provorov led his team to the second round, keep on dreaming

He's a Leaf. That's the elaboration for that poster to call any player "easily better" or "AINEC" in these polls.

Reactions: Blaine8797

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Nylander doesn't have that much value. It's been reported before, not even sure he gets you, Philippe Myers.

William Nylander stays … for now. The answer that many pundits — and executives with other teams around the league — have for the Leafs dilemma is to trade Nylander. But as I explained in my column last week after the Kapanen trade, the offers the Leafs field from around the league for Nylander are all subpar. He’s not valued highly enough at this point to make a trade likely, and other than freeing up cap space, he’s probably not going to solve the “get a top-pair D” problem.

Mirtle: Can the Leafs even afford Alex Pietrangelo – or another big money D-man?

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think Provorov is a bit overrated but that's part of his value. He's seen as a young top pairing defenseman already who still has room to grow. A winger like Nylander who is a top liner but not a star, and who probably gets underrated league-wide because he's seen as too soft. I would take Provorov personally, but in terms of on-ice value today, they're a lot closer than their trade values.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think Provorov is a bit overrated but that's part of his value. He's seen as a young top pairing defenseman already who still has room to grow. A winger like Nylander who is a top liner but not a star, and who probably gets underrated league-wide because he's seen as too soft. I would take Provorov personally, but in terms of on-ice value today, they're a lot closer than their trade values.

Why do you think that?
What do you think he's hyped to be, which you consider to be too high?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Why do you think that?
What do you think he's hyped to be, which you consider to be too high?

Maybe it's died down a bit now with some of the other young defenseman talent entering the league, but he got a lot of hype after '18, and there seems to be a number of people who consider him a clear #1D already, and I think he's been too inconsistent to be seen at that level just yet. He had a poor year in 18-19, and while he was good in '18 and this past year, his underlying numbers aren't quite as good as his reputation. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the sense that if he was traded for now, it would be looked at as trading a "true" #1 defenseman and not a top pairing defenseman with #1 potential

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Provorov easily. He’s excellent at both ends of the ice and he logs a lot of ice time for the Flyers.

Nylander is a soft winger that does not contribute without time, space and the puck on his stick.

sounds like a poor evaluation of Nylander

McVespa99

May 13, 2007

Its the flow. Leafs fans love a good head of hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad