Speculation: Who has got to go TDL

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I started to write a trade proposal on the trade board and then I realized it would just lead to a bunch of complaints about giving up 3rd and 4th round picks for actual NHLers.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
How about...

We keep everyone until we know if we are in the playoff picture or not.

Klefbom is coming back and we are a night and day better team with him.

While I am not planning the parade at the same time i think planning a wholesale purge is extremely negative and a bit premature.
This. And if we get there, anything can happen in the playoffs. Let's get some optimism in here!

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Do we move Chiasson or keep him as we he'll be a relatively inexpensive winger who can produce (assuming out of the playoff hun).

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
How about...

We keep everyone until we know if we are in the playoff picture or not.

Klefbom is coming back and we are a night and day better team with him.

While I am not planning the parade at the same time i think planning a wholesale purge is extremely negative and a bit premature.

Giving up pending UFAs for assets like picks should be a no brainer even if the team is in the hunt. we're not in a spot to go deep anyway.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
The bolded are keepers?

For the right deal you move assets like this.

For me the only real keepers are the first 5 in your list. Anything after that is expendable. Larsson, given lukewarm performance this year and last isn't even playing like a solid core D. Jones, Bouchard simply prospects.

Agreed for the right asst you move them. However, what does khaira return? He's probably a 3rd line winger. He's getting elagur minimum and is still young. I don't see how we turn him into something 1st or 2nd line. Maybe a package deal with him picks.

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
Do we move Chiasson or keep him as we he'll be a relatively inexpensive winger who can produce (assuming out of the playoff hun).

I think we should keep him if he will sign a reasonable extension. I understand he is having a career year and we could sell high on him, but at some point you have to keep a few guys that are working out here and end this perpetual rebuild. Good teams hang on to support guys that work well with their core.

I mean, what are the chances that whatever we trade him for turns out to be as valuable as a 30 goal scorer? Pretty slim given our team's track record.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Jultz wasn't rushed.. he was just thrown to the wolves.
Jultz was too good for the AHL but needed sheltering in NHL as did Petry.
Both might still be here if we had someone like Larsson to play the toughest RD minutes
Completely agree which is why I said it didn’t really make sense. He should have played like I hope Bouchard does to start in the NHL. PP and 3rd pair sheltered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad