Who has actually seen our Leafs hoist Lord Stanley ?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
1967 , i was 10 and absolutely out of my mind happy that we had won the cup again , the parade was magnificent and Leaf Nation was out in full force ......
From that moment on , ive lived through so many incredible highs and abyss like lows , frustrations , humiliating moments , pain , with some intermittent fleeting hopes and dreams in the 70s and 90s trying to get back to where we rightfully belong , on that elusive holy grail again ...
Is it just me or ....
We finally have a great team with our youth at the forefront and great goaltending and promising stars , a great organization , cash flow like no other , nice veteran pieces , all kinds of trophy candidates and a bright future ,
BUTttttttttttt wait
Why am I so pissed off most nights with our play ? and why am I not confident with our chances in the playoffs ?
Why does this team frustrate me more than it should ?
I really like this team and feel on paper it’s one of the best teams I’ve ever witnessed since 67
BUTttttt...
What’s missing
I should be more confident , shouldn’t i ?
They are breaking all kinds of team records and individual records , but still I can’t stop feeling this angst with this team that I can’t seem to shake ?
Anyone in the same boat who has been there for over 50 years or more ?or anyone else that feels the same ? Or what say you Blue and White Loyal nation
Go Leafs Go !!!!

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Disclaimer: I wasnt even alive

What I will say is people often remember things bettet then they were. Yes, we won a Cup, but the regular season appeared to less than amazing.

"The 1966–67 Toronto Maple Leafs seasonwas the 50th season of the Toronto NHL franchise, fortieth as the Maple Leafs. The Leafs finished third in the NHL with a record of 32–27–11 for 75 points to qualify for the playoffs"

What im saying is that the teams of yesteryear had their problems too. But sometimes the problems worked themselves out enough when it really mattered.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Itsssss alll good !
When did you start watching the leafs ?
Who’s your fav player
And which team era have you enjoyed the most ?
Go leafs Go !

You are a couple of years older than I am.
93 was my favourite team of all time.
I’ve never really had a favourite player.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
You are a couple of years older than I am.
93 was my favourite team of all time.
I’ve never really had a favourite player.
93 was a great year and team , I really thought it was our year !
I also liked our 78 team that beat the Islanders
And a couple of Sundin years but our 80s are well let’s just say ... forgettable and Sens like lol

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I’ve seen 9 Leafs Stanley Cups. Syl Apps had returned home early from the war, and I saw him at the parade, and we fist-pumped each other as he took a selfie, as Turk Broda taught me how to dougie, while the crowd yelled “Come onnnnn, Teeder!” in unison for 30 minutes straight.
Dude. I'm old. Born in 61. Really don't remember any cups even though they won 4 in my lifetime.

You must be 80! :laugh:

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Oh, I’m just playing, as is the spirit of this thread. I believe everyone here, except the OP.
Why I oughtta......

DizzyHastyBorderterrier-small.gif

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Itsssss alll good !
Who’s your fav player
Go leafs Go !

I started watching the Leafs in '03 (when I migrated to Canada), been bleedin' blue since. They bowed out to the Flyers back to back years in the playoffs. But that series win vs. the Sens was one of my favorite moments of all time.
My favorite player of all time is Nazem the dream Kadri
The team era I have enjoyed the most is the current era. Have never seen a Leafs team as talented as they are now.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I saw four of them. Back then you had to listen to the first period on the radio, because the TV broadcast didn't start until the second.

I could still name you just about every player on the '67 team. With all the trades are free agency now, I'll bet most people couldn't name half the players from the 2000-01 team. Of course, they weren't as memorable.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I saw four of them. Back then you had to listen to the first period on the radio, because the TV broadcast didn't start until the second.

I could still name you just about every player on the '67 team. With all the trades are free agency now, I'll bet most people couldn't name half the players from the 2000-01 team. Of course, they weren't as memorable.

1963 was my favourite team out of those 4 winners. The only year of the 4 where we topped the standings, a time when Dick Duff was still on the team, and before Carl Brewer went crazy. Keon himself thought it was the best team he’d ever played on.

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
1963 was my favourite team out of those 4 winners. The only year of the 4 where we topped the standings, a time when Dick Duff was still on the team, and before Carl Brewer went crazy. Keon himself thought it was the best team he’d ever played on.
Bi-polar much?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Itsssss alll good !
Who’s your fav player
Go leafs Go !

I've been watching since about 99 or 00, but can only really remember watching the Leafs from around 2002 or so when we had that nice playoff run to the ECF. That was my favorite run thus far, albeit I was only 8 years old or so at the time so I can't appreciate it as much as I would today.

I'd have to say Sundin is my all time favorite Leaf.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
In the early 80's I got to be a practice goalie for about 20 weeks with a group of NHL old-timers, led by Pete Conacher. Brewer was totally bald, and of course didn't wear a helmet, but he would glue a toupee on his head for each game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->