Who Hangs up First?

Who hangs up first? Nylander for Hughes.

• Kyle Dubas

• Jim Benning

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
So is Hughes. 39 point rookie dman & one of the reasons why Vancouver is doing so well this year.

Its not a knock on Nylander at all, so let's not go there.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I'm a very large Nylander fanboi, but I don't know how you could value Willie over Hughes. Top-end D-man on an entry-level deal is just more valuable than a high-end winger.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm a very large Nylander fanboi, but I don't know how you could value Willie over Hughes. Top-end D-man on an entry-level deal is just more valuable than a high-end winger.
So than what will Hughes be getting on his next contract? It's easy to say something like that now since he's playing on his ELC.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Why Hughes? That’s not the guy we need. If we move Willy, it’s likely for a legitimate top 3 RHD with term.

Also, Willy is making that contract look more than reasonable and is solidifying himself as part of this core. Weird thread no offence.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Hughes is the more valuable asset. I wouldn't do the trade as we don't need a dainty LHD, but Vancouver would 'lose' this trade.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Nylander for Hughes?
that Nylander contract.

In the quest for ridiculous trade talk...

That Nylander contract though...

What “Nylander contract though” point are you making? I have to assume you somehow think it’s a bad contract? Based on I guess the fact you haven’t realized yet you were in a coma since the end of last season??

He’s completely turned it around and is an absolutely dominant player again like he projected.

I don’t know enough about Quinn Hughes to evaluate him in a trade one for one, but you’re an absolute rock if you think Nylander being locked in at $7M is any sort of a detraction on his value.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
When there’s absolutely zero reason to occasion something deficient about Nylander, someone finds a reason.

If you believe this is as good as Nylander gets, there’s some validity in suggesting optimizing him via trade for need.

I don’t think this is Nylander’s peak at all.

Given the grief I received (and frankly provoked) amongst some of the Carolina fanbase concerning Pesce last year, it would have been a nice reminder of how far a rabbit hole a fickle few can travel down when an anamolous season is placed side by side to a more accurate representation. This to say, where’s the Pesce option?

This poll is the reverse of like myopia.

William Nylander is a very good player. Given his increasing role, I think it’s reasonable to project the best is still yet to come. And if he grows into dominance here as he has internationally, with his contract, his value surely exceeds a Quinn Hughes and the like.

Moreover, it’s prudent to confirm what we have in Sandin. Making the need to push Nylander to the front of the (hypothetical) trade queue (again!!!) doubly needless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad