Who got taken over Bolland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
In todays London Free Press, Bolland was told by Sutter that it was between himself and 1 other player. Obviously Sutter picked the other player, who do you think that would be? I'm guessing Fraser or McCarthur.

And my next question is did Sutter make the right choice? I thought Bolland had a great camp and would fit perfectly on the 4th line or extra forward. He is fiesty, tenacious and great on the PK and to boot he's 18 so he could come back next year. IMO Sutter made a mistake but if they win the GOLD then i'm all for it.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Fraser/Bolland/MacArthur, it's pretty hard to argue whether any of those guys would be dramatically better than the others (and you can throw in lots of other names like Stone and Meyer and Boyd in the group) and it doesn't seem to me like those are going to be the guys who will decide the tournament. So while I would personally have chosen Bolland too, I doubt if it makes any real difference, and you can't blame the coach for going with the players he either trusts most or saw the most from in the camps.

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
I'd guess Fraser. Bolland can play next year, can't he? I think that had a lot to do with some of the selections. Team Canada has been criticized for trying to balance birth years in the past between the 19 year olds and 18 year olds. This is the oldest team.

Also, Sutter knows how to use Colin Fraser very well. He's his captain in Red Deer.

Bolland can take it out on Fraser later when he makes the Blackhawks' roster before Colin. ;)

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
saskhab said:
Bolland can take it out on Fraser later when he makes the Blackhawks' roster before Colin. ;)

Very true... i was very suprise Bolland wasn't taken. He's got that confidence in his game where it shows when he's out there. He's got good offensive upside plus a solid defensive game... though what the heck happen tonight vs the wolves :dunno:

GXL

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
GorillazXL said:
Very true... i was very suprise Bolland wasn't taken. He's got that confidence in his game where it shows when he's out there. He's got good offensive upside plus a solid defensive game... though what the heck happen tonight vs the wolves :dunno:

GXL

Bolland played a darn good game tonight.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Boomhower said:
Bolland played a darn good game tonight.
I know. The -3 in the +/- dept should look good on any players resume. :)

But seriously, I've only seen him play a hand of games (prospect, 2 russia vs CHL, a couple of OHL) but every time I have seen, he's been one of the best player out on the ice.

GXL

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
He got 3 assists in the last 25 minutes last night against Guelph as London was down 3-1 and they came back to win 4-3

I still think Sutter made a mistake by not taking him over Fraser but if they win gold then i won't say another word afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad