Who goes first? Frolik or Tlusty

Dan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I see differing opinions on these two from the scouting services and from those of you on the boards. Who do you think will have more impact on the NHL? And do you think Frolik will be picked before Tlusty?

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
I heard it was pretty close, but I will go with Frolik, Jagr like comparisons dont come everyday!!!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Vanman said:
I heard it was pretty close, but I will go with Frolik, Jagr like comparisons dont come everyday!!!

Frolik - Jagr comparisons are a joke. Nothing short of a joke. These players are not on the same planet, skill wise.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm thinking Tlusty will go first. His stock has been on the rise while Frolik has dropped down. Not a whole lot, mind you, but it has dropped.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Le Golie said:
Frolik - Jagr comparisons are a joke. Nothing short of a joke. These players are not on the same planet, skill wise.
Agreed and I like Frolik alot. IMO if Frolik hits his high end, he'll be an Elias type. Thats still a very high end, two-way, transitional forward.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Clearly Tlusty based on U18 and Czech league play. I'd be surprised if any scouts had Frolik ahead now and I can see him slipping outside of the top 15, whereas Tlusty looks like a likely top 10 pick.

Many HF posters hang on to Oct. or Jan,. ratings much too long and a kind of mental rigor mortis with a player's draft position sets in. It's April now.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
Vanman said:

I don't know if that's sarcasm or not but there is a Jagr comparison every draft year. Realistically, there is slim to no chance that any player will be that good...

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
steblick said:
Clearly Tlusty based on U18 and Czech league play. I'd be surprised if any scouts had Frolik ahead now and I can see him slipping outside of the top 15, whereas Tlusty looks like a likely top 10 pick.

Many HF posters hang on to Oct. or Jan,. ratings much too long and a kind of mental rigor mortis with a player's draft position sets in. It's April now.

I find that HF posters hang on to underage performances at the WJHC too long. Really, what has Frolik done since the 2004 WJHC to show he's worthy of a top 10 pick?

CycloneTaylor

Apr 17, 2006
What kind of player does Tlusty project as? Offensive talent, two way, does he mix it up a bit or is he afraid of his own shadow?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Le Golie said:
Martin Havlat. A lot like him from what I've seen/heard/researched.

Tlustly is anything but Havlat from what I've read/heard. Of course, none of us have seen Tlusty play - but he's kinda on the small side under 6 feet, and is more of a defensive minded player than a dynamo like Havlat.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Tlustly is anything but Havlat from what I've read/heard. Of course, none of us have seen Tlusty play - but he's kinda on the small side under 6 feet, and is more of a defensive minded player than a dynamo like Havlat.
Havlat was drafted as a two-way winger with strong defensive play. He still is an excellent defensive player, but that really isn't talked about because his linemates usually do that work and he focuses manly on offense.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
I've seen him and he is offensive-minded without question. Havlat is a good style comparison.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
If Frolik starts to drop, I could see the Rangers trying to move to get him, just to see if being around the Czech contingent serves as motivation to get his act together and harness his talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad