Who goes back to Centre?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't understand why this is a thread...it seems pretty clear to me that the Avalanche view Ryan O'Reilly as a LW now and not a Center. Could he play Center if need be? Sure he could, he's an exceptional hockey player, but he just had a career year scoring and won a Lady Byng and was Top-10 in Selke voting by playing LW.

He's our Top-Line LW, MacKinnon will be transitioned back to Center and I think we'll be looking at

O'Reilly-Duchene-Tanguay
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Iginla

as our Top-6...and that's not too bad, I think that Top-6 will definitely surprise people

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
IF Bruins fans are right and Iggy indeed struggle with the speed, what do you guys thing about this?

Mack-Duchene-Tangs
Landy-ROR-Iggy

The 2nd line could become a strong puck possession line and Iggy could fit well on that line.

umdieecke*

IF Bruins fans are right and Iggy indeed struggle with the speed, what do you guys thing about this?

Mack-Duchene-Tangs
Landy-ROR-Iggy

The 2nd line could become a strong puck possession line and Iggy could fit well on that line.

It's awful.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's awful.

And why's that? When Roy played them together last year they were good, especially in OT 4 vs. 4.

One line is all speed, the other is all puck possession. I like it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So who matches up against the Backes, Kesler, Thornton, Stastny, Spezza, Toews, Benn, Getzlaf, Sedin type guys who are in the conference these days?

Stastny did all the heavy lifting.

I can see Roy wanting MacKinnon in the middle, and I agree he should be their going forward, but who gets relied on to try and play defence against the horses who are in our conference?

This is the reason I want ROR at centre and have Mack on the wing for one more year.

Landy - ROR - Mackinnon would be the same as the shut down line from last year expect ROR will take Stastny's place which he is more than capable of doing. Then have a scoring line of Tanguay - Duchene - Iginla

Sure Duchene and ROR had fantastic chemistry. But so did Dutchy and Parenteau 2 years ago. Let's not forget the Landy- ROR chemistry from Landy's rookie year.

umdieecke*

And why's that? When Roy played them together last year they were good, especially in OT 4 vs. 4.

One line is all speed, the other is all puck possession. I like it.

From what I remember, MacKinnon didn't really mesh well with Duchene. Also, MacKinnon should be RW, if he's going to play wing. Actually, it seems kind of hard to find line partners for Duchene. But that's another topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad