Who gets waived for Nylander?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Probably Holl, but really the Goat is just a jersey out there. His assists haven't exactly been "primary" lol.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Gauthier has the lowest goals against/60 on the team at 0.7 (2nd lowest is double that at 1.4). The guys only been on the ice for two goals against all season.

He pretty much neuters offence for both teams (though we still score more with him on the ice than the other team), which does have some value. If our big guns need a break after a PP, or we're trying to hold a lead, Gauthier can be helpful for that.

I'd drop one of the depth dmen first I think, or maybe even Ennis.

Reactions: The Magic Man

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Its actually a tough choice as all those guys have been performing well as of late. (with the exception of Holl who we havnt really seen but I'm loathe to touch our RHD depth)

Dubas is probably looking for a trade right now for this reason but if you put a gun to my head, Marincin seems to be the guy as we have guys like Rosen, Borg, etc.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Holl and Gauthier are on league minimum contracts through next year. IMO when you're talking about the bottom of the depth chart you prioritize long-term over short-term. It's not like these guys are the secret to winning the cup this year. Goat for sure because we need C depth for injuries whereas we have third pairing D in spades (even if they have to play on their off side in a pinch). Plus he's still under 24 and his play this season was a bit of a coming out party. Holl is harder to gauge because it seems pretty clear that Babcock has a strong preference for Marincin.

I think if the return is there you trade Ennis. He's probably done the most to earn a spot but he was always a project destined to move on either by the trade deadline or in the summer. If you're not getting the return you want then you waive Marincin (or trade him for whatever scraps are being offered).

Reactions: Slot and Erndog

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Holl and Gauthier are on league minimum contracts through next year. IMO when you're talking about the bottom of the depth chart you prioritize long-term over short-term. It's not like these guys are the secret to winning the cup this year. Goat for sure because we need C depth for injuries whereas we have third pairing D in spades (even if they have to play on their off side in a pinch). Plus he's still under 24 and his play this season was a bit of a coming out party. Holl is harder to gauge because it seems pretty clear that Babcock has a strong preference for Marincin.

I think if the return is there you trade Ennis. He's probably done the most to earn a spot but he was always a project destined to move on either by the trade deadline or in the summer. If you're not getting the return you want then you waive Marincin (or trade him for whatever scraps are being offered).

This entire post is spot on imo.

Reactions: FalcorMulch

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If it's a matter of waivers, Marincin. There'd still be a logjam at forward though. Unless they want to retain that in the attempt to make a big push this season.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Oddest player that has least amout of potential F or D. So then i would say Ennis as my out there choice. Trades possible but they wont do a throw away trade either. Probably like a 7th for the player they would have waved regardless

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
If a trade is not made, I would guess either Marincin or Holl. Marincin makes more sense, because of our depth (of call up ready guys) on the Marlies at LHD as apposed to the RH side. Perhaps Dubas wants to give Holl whom he seems to like an opportunity to play somewhere and it is him.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Oddest player that has least amout of potential F or D. So then i would say Ennis as my out there choice. Trades possible but they wont do a throw away trade either. Probably like a 7th for the player they would have waved regardless

Tyler Ennis is 29 and a legitimate NHL player, contributing on the roster right now.

Why would the Leafs waive him over 26 (turns 27 in two months) year old career AHLer Justin Holl?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Because you never trade RH defense who have potential in the NHL. It is a big NO NO. 4th line wingers can be found everywhere. Every team has a lot of them.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Playing the role of LeaFland's newest Tyler Bozak character will be Connor Brown and thus will get traded for.......

........you guessed it, a 2nd round pick:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->