Who gets traded out of Ottawa this Off-Season?

Who gets traded before next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Basic arguments for why each could happen...

Hoffman... the one they really want to ship out, so it would require someone willing to take a chance on him (at a price Ottawa is willing to take)

Karlsson... No one wants to take Hoffman, resulting in him actually demanding a trade

Both... Ottawa just wants to be done with it all. Perhaps they want to burn it all down and start again. Maybe they need to trade Hoffman, but Karlsson has had enough anyways and wants out.

Neither... They can't get the deals they want, so they refuse to make a deal for the sake of resolving the situation.

Duchene... Guy might be cursed. That'll fix everything right?

---------------------------------

So, what direction do you all think it'll go?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Hoffman 100% traded.

I'd give Karlsson about an 85% chance of being traded. I think the Sens will look at re-signing him after July 1st but I'd be surprised if they reach a deal. I think if they are going to trade him, then the summer is their best bet to get full value.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
I guess both
But I really hope it's true especially for Karlsson. And I will be very happy for him

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
For those saying both...

Who do you think would be willing to take a chance on Hoffman?

What about their 1st rounder next? Why commit to a rebuild by trading Karlsson if you cant even benefit from that pick?

And yes, they could flip it to next year and give this year’s 4th, but even as the worst team next year, theyre still more likely to get 4th again. Theyd benefit much more having both

At that point, why not attempt a retool with Karlsson? Worst case you trade him at the deadline

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
For those saying both...

Who do you think would be willing to take a chance on Hoffman?

What about their 1st rounder next? Why commit to a rebuild by trading Karlsson if you cant even benefit from that pick?

And yes, they could flip it to next year and give this year’s 4th, but even as the worst team next year, theyre still more likely to get 4th again. Theyd benefit much more having both

At that point, why not attempt a retool with Karlsson? Worst case you trade him at the deadline

Why should Hoffman be responsible for something he had no idea happened ( If it happened). He will get a High end prospect.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Why should Hoffman be responsible for something he had no idea happened ( If it happened). He will get a High end prospect.
Its not about responsibilty. Its about team chemistry.

Its not like he’s dumped the girl and distanced himself from her. Few teams would want someone who can tear apart a locker room by being on tne team.

Which is why I ask who would take that chance?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think the only guy who will remain will be Stone. EK, Hoff and the 4th will go this offseason and Duchene at the TDL as its clear he isn't staying

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
The way things are going in Ottawa the only player traded over the summer will be Mark Stone

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Hoffman is 100% percent gone regardless of what happends to Karlsson.

I'd say Karlsson leaving is less likely, but still a pretty decent possibility.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

Is there any evidence that Hoffman did not know (or doesn't think) it happened other than his word?

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
Both. Karlsson to Vegas and Hoffman to one of the Alberta teams or St.Louis.

I don't think STL would take him until after this has cleared. It just so happens that our #1 defenceman is team captain whose wife suffered a miscarriage this season.

Toxic.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Hoffman has to go.

Karlsson might go, but it would be one of the worst disasters in franchise history. They really, really, really need to keep him.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think they need to find out what happens with Karlsson before moving Hoffman. As per Karlsson signing an extension, then they'd trade Hoffman. If they trade Karlsson, then they'd likely have to move Hoffman to the other division. But as it stands right now with Karlsson staying, Hoffman would likely be moved to the west, my guesses being San Jose, Anaheim or Arizona.

But if one has to go, it's Hoffman regardless.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I never got how Sens fans, said a Leaf Cup win would force them to rebuild.

It was going to happen regardless. Burn it down-restart.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad