Who gets traded first?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I think Ottawa is going to be quite until the deadline when they can reassess what our needs are. At that time more d-men will be available as teams are counting themselves in/out of the playoff race.

I really hope they don't trade a goalie. Neither Lehner nor Bishop are "proven" at the NHL level. We've had goalie trouble for long enough that I think we should be safe rather than sorry, this time around.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think Ottawa is going to be quite until the deadline when they can reassess what our needs are. At that time more d-men will be available as teams are counting themselves in/out of the playoff race.

I really hope they don't trade a goalie. Neither Lehner nor Bishop are "proven" at the NHL level. We've had goalie trouble for long enough that I think we should be safe rather than sorry, this time around.

There's not enough time to wait and reassess at the deadline. If we struggle in the next week/2 weeks defensively I would be shocked if we don't see a trade.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
There's not enough time to wait and reassess at the deadline. If we struggle in the next week/2 weeks defensively I would be shocked if we don't see a trade.

Aren't we still in a rebuild though? If we are really struggling then why are we trading away prospects for seasoned vets?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Aren't we still in a rebuild though? If we are really struggling then why are we trading away prospects for seasoned vets?

Maybe we trade for a young and proven player? We can afford moving quantity for quality.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hopefully one or all of Condra, Daugavins, or O'Brien.

I would switch Bishop with JOB because I think JOB makes a very good 13th forward & would keep him unless another team absolutely wants him to make a deal for a good young player.

I sort of agree with your first paragraph & disagree with your second paragraph. Murray may have to wait until the deadline if the player he wants or defenseman he wants is not made available until then. Lehner IMO is NHL ready & Bishop most likely won't want to re-sign with Ottawa knowing he may not ever be the number one here. Should get what you can but in the end it may be a 2nd rd pick instead of a defenceman. Hopefully Murray can package Bishop, Condra & Daugavins together.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
I bet a package revolving around Bishop and Regin could be attractive to some teams. Bishop is a guy that can be backup in the NHL with the potential to be better while Regin is a guy who can be a good 3rd liner with the chance of being something more. For our team both of these players are being stuck lower in the depth charts so we could afford to move them for a good return.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I bet a package revolving around Bishop and Regin could be attractive to some teams. Bishop is a guy that can be backup in the NHL with the potential to be better while Regin is a guy who can be a good 3rd liner with the chance of being something more. For our team both of these players are being stuck lower in the depth charts so we could afford to move them for a good return.

I say Da Costa is more likely to be moved then Regin. He is good, but there is no roster spot for him

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
I say Da Costa is more likely to be moved then Regin. He is good, but there is no roster spot for him

I agree, Da Costa is definitely on the block for something that fits for the team now but I am unsure as to how his value rates to a player who is a proven NHL commonity like Regin. Either could be a good fit on our second line in the next couple of season at wing, while providing a secondary faceoff option if our primary taker (Turris) were to be kicked out of the dot. This of course hinges on the fact that Alfie retires.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I agree, Da Costa is definitely on the block for something that fits for the team now but I am unsure as to how his value rates to a player who is a proven NHL commonity like Regin. Either could be a good fit on our second line in the next couple of season at wing, while providing a secondary faceoff option if our primary taker (Turris) were to be kicked out of the dot. This of course hinges on the fact that Alfie retires.

I'm sure most teams that would be interested in a prospect like Da Costa would also be interested in Bishop

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Ottawa would be stupid to trade Regin at this stage. He is the type of player that pushes the top 6 to perform and offers the team added scoring depth when the top 6 can't perform. Most importantly, Regin is a strong complementary top 6 forward so incase of an injury he can step up no problem. Especially in a 48 game condensed season.

We would have to be getting back a great top 4 defender if we are trading both Regin AND Bishop.

Berserker*

Regin isn't a legit top six guy, he's a tweener at best.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'm okay with taking a Detroit approach. Fill our roster, then give the guys lots of time to develop in the minors. Build an AHL dynasty, and that success will carry over into the bigs.

No need to trade anybody. Add a piece on defence if Weir/Benoit can't get it done.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Im amazed how quickly people want to trade a goalie. This franchise has struggled with goalies for 20 years. Id rather have a 4th challenger than go down to 2. No harm in Lehner having another year in the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad