Who gets traded by the deadline?

Who is traded by the deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Hope McDavid and Klefbom stay. Anyone else can come or go as long as it's a trade we win, AFAIC.

As for who I think will be shipped, I'll say:
Chiasson
Benning
Manning
Rieder
Talbot
Gravel

All likely for picks or B prospects. Kassian might be traded, or he might be kept for other reasons, such as good guy in the locker room; I don't know enough about that, so he's a 50/50 to stay or go IMO. Doubt anyone would take Spooner for free. Hasn't he already been on waivers? I haven't kept track much the past month, so I'm probably mistaken on that.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Hopefully RNH the guy deserves a chance to go somewhere else. He's put in his time in the Org.

I get what you're saying, but also no. He signed a 6 year deal for better or for worse, unfortunately for all sides it has been for worse ... much worse. He has put in his time when his contract expires.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I get what you're saying, but also no. He signed a 6 year deal for better or for worse, unfortunately for all sides it has been for worse ... much worse. He has put in his time when his contract expires.

Yeah Too bad Oilers didn't tell him that they were planning on trading away everyone and only leaving him with 2 other forwards. He's burnt out, he's tired of the same shit day in and day out. Oilers should be able to move him for a 1st.

McDavid and Draisaitl are already showing signs that there done for the year. And these two are only in years 3 and 4 with the Org. Imagine what RNH is going through

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Yeah Too bad Oilers didn't tell him that they were planning on trading away everyone and only leaving him with 2 other forwards. He's burnt out, he's tired of the same **** day in and day out. Oilers should be able to move him for a 1st.

McDavid and Draisaitl are already showing signs that there done for the year. And these two are only in years 3 and 4 with the Org. Imagine what RNH is going through

Huh? How do you even know this, are you a family member or a therapist? For 6 million I dont feel that bad for him.
He had his chance in 16-17, if he contributed even a little vs Anaheim he likely would have tasted the WCF and potentially Stanley cup finals.

RNH has gotten a pretty sweet deal here. Fan favorite, close to home, good money, long summers.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Huh? How do you even know this, are you a family member or a therapist? For 6 million I dont feel that bad for him.
He had his chance in 16-17, if he contributed even a little vs Anaheim he likely would have tasted the WCF and potentially Stanley cup finals.

RNH has gotten a pretty sweet deal here. Fan favorite, close to home, good money, long summers.

Oh yeah cause he signed a contract make's him a robot. Lol GTFO

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Funny thing is, ALL of those players could be traded, and I don't think it would negatively impact the team's performance in any way.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Funny thing is, ALL of those players could be traded, and I don't think it would negatively impact the team's performance in any way.

I agree. It really drives the point home how many poor to mediocre players this roster has. Over half of our roster could be replaced with average to above average AHL players...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Talbot is a slam dunk, too much smoke especially when it starts coming from Dreger and Bobby Mac.

Chiasson will have some value, maybe a mid-pick or anther Marody type prospect. Personally I’d rather they resign him for 2 years since I think he fills a role at 3rw and can move up the lineup if needed.

Some sucker will probably try Rieder for depth.

Petrovic I doubt moves but teams do like depth D for playoff runs.

Manning should be waived but he won’t go anywhere with that year on his contract.

Who would want Spooner? He ain’t going anywhere.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I want us to win, but if the deadline rolls around the writing is on the wall, it might be a good consolation. There seems to be a lot of teams in the hunt for spots, the deadline buyers, but not a lot of sellers. We could do well.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Some how you manged to type something so stupid without being able to read your own words. Congrats muppet
I think you need to read better. He stated that no one knows how RNH feel unless if you are close to him. He went on to say that he doesn't feel bad for him since he makes 6 M, while being close to his family.

He never said that he was a robot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad