Speculation: Who gets the Orpik "A"?

Who is the new alternate captain?

• Total voters

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Niskanen. His coming out after Game 5 against TB and taking responsibility for all three goals displayed honesty and leadership. Still want it to be Orpik though.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Picked Oshie, though I could easily see it going to Wilson.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I voted Carlson.

Seems like this team has a lot of great candidates though. Niskanen, Holtby, or Oshie would also be great.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It will probably be Oshie with Wilson as a close 2nd, but they should consider giving it to TW so he can talk to the refs more without fearing penalization. It would be one way to counter the treatment he's been getting around the league instead of just being tackled and dragged to the box.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I voted Carlson.

Seems like this team has a lot of great candidates though. Niskanen, Holtby, or Oshie would also be great.

I don't think goalies can be Captains. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I could see them going with Niskanen or Carlson like you say, though. It would mean spreading out the representatives more so you're more likely to have a guy on the ice.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Goalies can be captains, they just can't skate out to talk with the refs the same way. Louongo was a captain for the Canucks for a couple years. It's definitely very unusual, though.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
A D would be the customary choice. Nisky has the experience, altho Carly also a possibility.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Goalies can be captains, they just can't skate out to talk with the refs the same way. Louongo was a captain for the Canucks for a couple years. It's definitely very unusual, though.

I know, and that means you're not really the captain per the rules. They can name someone admiral, too. Doesn't mean anything.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I know, and that means you're not really the captain per the rules. They can name someone admiral, too. Doesn't mean anything.

Caps have done that, too:
Secretary of Defense - check
Generals Clark and Bradley - check
The Sarge - check

Gotta trade for Mike Commodore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad