Who gets the 4th line Center spot this year?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
What do you guys think? Do they give it to White? Dumont? Bring back Halpern? Or do we need to bring someone in Via Free Agency or Trade?

Side question, anyone know if Lapierre has / had better F/O % than White?

Personally I don't see Halpern coming back, but I wouldn't be upset if he did. I don't know if White is a good option to stay at C either. I know Lappy has a lot of haters but I wouldn't mind having him back. I don't care if he turtles when people try to punch his troll face.

Dumont might get another look. What would it take to get Boyle from NY?

Last edited:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Vinny.

Serious answer, I'd like a Dumont/White and Halpern tandem. Move White/Dumont to the wings depending on which one gets the spot.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
What do you guys think? Do they give it to White? Dumont? Bring back Halpern? Or do we need to bring someone in Via Free Agency or Trade?

Personally I don't see Halpern coming back, but I wouldn't be upset if he did. I don't know if White is a good option to stay at C either. I know Lappy has a lot of haters but I wouldn't mind having him back. I don't care if he turtles when people try to punch his troll face.

Dumont might get another look. What would it take to get Boyle from NY?

Bergevin likes depth and isn't afraid to sign cheap vet depth throughout the lineup. So I would think internally there'd be White and Dumont battling for it, plus a depth signing of a vet that can't reliably play centre.

I like the idea of going after Brian Boyle. He's had good chemistry with Prust and is a big, good skating centre that can chip in offense.

Lapierre would be fine as well, he's proven he can be an effective 4C on a contender.

Of the cheap(ish) vet signings, I'd like Boyd Gordon for 2 years. He's reliable and had a great FO% last year.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I think they will try to sign Boyd Gordon, good faceoff guy. If not I think they bring back White.

White did better than I expected, was decent in facoffs, and wasn't bad defensively, ideally if you sign Gordon, you can make White the 13th forward and have him play RW which he is better suited for.

4th line of Moen-Gordon-Prust ex White would be good IMO.

But whoever they get, has to be a right hand shot, all out centres are lefty, you need alteast one guy that is a righty.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
But whoever they get, has to be a right hand shot, all out centres are lefty, you need alteast on guy that is a righty.

This is a good point, but likely White or Dumont would be in the lineup on the 4th line so they could take those faceoffs. It's think though, I agree a righty would be better.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Let White and Dumont battle it out. If neither can do the job later in the season get a cheap option like we did with Halpern this year.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I really don't see why Halpern wouldn't be back. He was one of the only brights spots in the Ottawa series. Found his way up to the 2nd line in some games. He still has good speed and is very good on faceoffs, plus he's right handed. He's very good defensively and a seasoned vet. He's the perfect 4th line center or at least, 13th forward. Not very physical so if he is paired with Prust, Moen, White or Dumont that would be fine.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
At some point you have to give the young guys a chance to seize the job. If they can't do it, there's always many options coming up during the season for cheap or on the waiver wire.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Smithson from the Oilers is UFA, 6 foot 4, hits, won over 55% of face-offs last year. Good defensively. Had been on an $800 000 contract, so cheap.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011

no, White 91FOW-76FOL 54.5%

Lapierre 274FOW-268FOL 50.6%

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'd love to pick up Boyd Gordon for that spot.
Don't like spending big bucks on #4 center.

At some point you have to give the young guys a chance to seize the job. If they can't do it, there's always many options coming up during the season for cheap or on the waiver wire.

I agree, give Dumont or Bournival a chance with White as back up/13th forward.

NO! another faux-tough midget.
If we don't get anything at free agency, White will be resigned. At least he is a willing punching bag.

How is he "faux-tough" ? That's talking out your ass with nothing to back it up. Dumont had always fought guys bigger than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad