Speculation: Who gets relieved of their job?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Yeah, don't buy Gaborik out. There's no reason to. Who are you getting for the less than $4m in cap space? Probably nobody that will score more than the 12 goals Gaborik gets. That, plus the $6m in dead cap space over 2 years? Plus 4 more years of dead space after that?

Keep Gaborik, hope he bounces back with a coach that I guess he likes enough to try for.

Another reason not to buy anyone out is because the CBA can be cancelled by either following the 20-21 season. I know the players hate escrow, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

You never know what kind of contract relieving perks may come out of those negotiations.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Another reason not to buy anyone out is because the CBA can be cancelled by either following the 20-21 season. I know the players hate escrow, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

You never know what kind of contract relieving perks may come out of those negotiations.

When your team has no chance of contending for quite a while due to the mess created by the GM handing out retirement deals, a work stoppage is your hoped for answer.

It could be a nasty one, and the owners will likely win again.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The CBA war is going to be bad.

The owners will no doubt ask for Contract lengths to be shortened (again); also the elimination of guaranteed contracts will be discussed.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
You ***** a retool or rebuild before a buyout is considered. Brown can still play so I'd keep him unless Vegas wants him. If you're unloading Carter, Martinez, and eventually Doughty then Gaborik's contract doesn't hurt a rebuild.

I think Lombardi will not be re-signed, Blake will takeover, and a new coach will hired. Patrick Roy? No thank you...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad