Player Discussion Who gets moved before July 1st?

Who's gone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
With all due respect to the hockey IQ crowd, maybe he's just a young player playing in the best league in the world?

I mean, a lot of the people that were saying that Tuch "looked lost" in his 6 game stint a year ago are the same people that would take him back on the team in a heartbeat.
I'm fine with Pulj being the 2nd piece in a larger deal. He's a big right-shot RW. We could use one of those. But I just cannot justify trading Spurgeon and having Pulj being the main piece coming back.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You guys need to set your sights a little bit higher on any deal for Spurgeon.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Thoughts on Spurgeon for Pulock + Ho-Sang/Bellows?

Spurgeon's modified ntc may complicate things but I don't see how we're a worse team with a defense of:

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Pulock

and one of Ho-Sang/Bellows in our system.

Especially taking into account Spurgeon is guaranteed to miss 12+ games per season.

I'd think that the Islanders would be pretty high on Pulock. 23 year old 6'2" RHD that 32 points in 68 games in basically his rookie year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well, we're not going to get a Pastrnak, Boeser, Draisaitl, etc... for him, so I'm not sure who would be in between.

Maybe a Stepan or RNH? A quality, but not superstar, vet with 1-3 years left on their deal, a high pick, an A prospect, or some combo of that.

Somewhere in the area of what NYR got for McD and STL got for Shattenkirk would be my guess for a return on Spurgeon.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Let's assume that every GM wants a guy who has positive metrics, and also scores a bit, etc. and that puts Spurgeon in the conversation with similar talents: Jake Gardiner, Tyson Barrie, Ryan Ellis, Matt Niskanen, maybe even Kris Letang. He's paid right in that range where he's not on a value deal, but it's reasonable - especially with the cap increasing. But ask yourself: is there a single GM who thinks a small guy who's not exactly an ironman but who - most importantly - routinely plays with a HOF caliber partner is going to be just as good on his team? Whether or not he carries Ryan Suter's jock around (he doesn't), his value is not going to be as much as some people think it is because other teams (rightfully) will not view him as a number one defenseman.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Let's assume that every GM wants a guy who has positive metrics, and also scores a bit, etc. and that puts Spurgeon in the conversation with similar talents: Jake Gardiner, Tyson Barrie, Ryan Ellis, Matt Niskanen, maybe even Kris Letang. He's paid right in that range where he's not on a value deal, but it's reasonable - especially with the cap increasing. But ask yourself: is there a single GM who thinks a small guy who's not exactly an ironman but who - most importantly - routinely plays with a HOF caliber partner is going to be just as good on his team? Whether or not he carries Ryan Suter's jock around (he doesn't), his value is not going to be as much as some people think it is because other teams (rightfully) will not view him as a number one defenseman.

So, am I overvaluing Spurgeon? I must have been out in the sun too long or something if that's the case. :help:

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I'd think that the Islanders would be pretty high on Pulock. 23 year old 6'2" RHD that 32 points in 68 games in basically his rookie year.
Yea I agree with you, they probably are high on him.

I just figure they would need to make some moves to entice JT to stay that tells them they're looking to be competitive now not in 3-5 years.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yea I agree with you, they probably are high on him.

I just figure they would need to make some moves to entice JT to stay that tells them they're looking to be competitive now not in 3-5 years.

I think you're looking at either #11 or #12 + a prospect then. Pulock is closer than 3-5 years.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Spurgeon's contract seems like the fairest/most accurate on the team. I'd hate to lose him, but he would fetch a lot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I voted Spurgeon, Ennis, Zucker, and this year's 1st.

I do think this year's 1st is used to move around in the draft.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
If one of Dumba,Zucker,Nino,Granlund get traded I hope they go on long playoff run scoring lots of goals especially Zucker and Granlund.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If one of Dumba,Zucker,Nino,Granlund get traded I hope they go on long playoff run scoring lots of goals especially Zucker and Granlund.

So what you're saying is that there is something in the water (or something else) in MN that's holding players back? You might be on to something there, look what the Stars did after they got out of MN. :banghead::scared::popcorn: (too soon?)

I really wouldn't care either way, they've had 6 years of opportunities here and couldn't be finishers. Trading JEE, Greenway, or Kunin and watching them have Playoffs success would bother me more.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
So what you're saying is that there is something in the water (or something else) in MN that's holding players back? You might be on to something there, look what the Stars did after they got out of MN. :banghead::scared::popcorn: (too soon?)

I really wouldn't care either way, they've had 6 years of opportunities here and couldn't be finishers. Trading JEE, Greenway, or Kunin and watching them have Playoffs success would bother me more.
No I just like seeing people getting ripped on for playoff performances succeeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad