Who gets more points in the NHL this season - Voronkov or Sillinger?

Who gets more points in the NHL this season - Voronkov or Sillinger?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sillinger.

I think entering the season people are too high on Voronkov and too low on Sillinger. And this is from someone who likes Voronkov and thinks both make the opening night roster.

Voronkov has a career high of 31 points in the KHL. In the Olympics the year prior he had 1 point. He's very much a bottom 6 player and a road grader. These are very positive traits, but he doesn't scream NHL point producer. He might have more fighting majors than goals this year.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Voronkov because Roslovic can be moved to Laine with whom he has very good chemistry what could move Cole to the AHL if Jenner plays center.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Sillinger.

I think entering the season people are too high on Voronkov and too low on Sillinger.
agree 1000%.

i'm excited for voronkov to come over, but imo he's a fairly limited (albeit effective) player. has grit/physicality, high compete level, good size and a nose for the net. lacks speed/skill/playmaking. i think he's going to be a really nice fourth liner / pk guy who can play up in a pinch.

also, voronkov will be 23 when the season starts. sillinger was the second youngest player in the league last year and will still be one of the youngest this year (will play the whole season at 20). cole's compete level + nose for the net are ahead of where voronkov's were when he was 20, but he's far more skilled already.

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
In his last 130 NHL games, Sillinger has just 34 points. That's a 21-point pace.

It's not inconceivable for Voronkov to contribute 25-30 points in a bottom 6 role.

The tricky part is that either or both could spend some time in Cleveland.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I love Voronkov but the other thing to keep in mind... his skating may not be better than Sillinger, may even be worse. He has a different skill set and I'm excited to have him with the club but I don't think he has the offensive upside of Sillinger and given Sillinger is also ~2 years younger, thus still on the steep learning curve, I think he has higher upside and a more rounded game. We'll know soon enough.

Reactions: thebus88

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I hope Sillinger has a big year. Here's my complete guess of what will happen...

1) Voronkov fills a nice role in the bottom 6. Doesn't put up a ton of points but has a good season, I'll say somewhere in the 20 point range 2) with the glut of forwards and the fact that he is waiver exempt, Sillinger starts the season with the Monsters 3) Sillinger re-discovers his game and excels down there 4) there's eventually some roster movement (injury, trade, etc) and Sillinger gets the call-up, plays about 40-50 games and gets about 20-25 points.

Thus, I voted that they'll end up about the same even though I am predicting Voronkov to play more games.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hope Sillinger has a big year. Here's my complete guess of what will happen...

1) Voronkov fills a nice role in the bottom 6. Doesn't put up a ton of points but has a good season, I'll say somewhere in the 20 point range 2) with the glut of forwards and the fact that he is waiver exempt, Sillinger starts the season with the Monsters 3) Sillinger re-discovers his game and excels down there 4) there's eventually some roster movement (injury, trade, etc) and Sillinger gets the call-up, plays about 40-50 games and gets about 20-25 points.

Thus, I voted that they'll end up about the same even though I am predicting Voronkov to play more games.

This seems very plausible to me. They both might be part-timers.

It seems that Sillinger is in much better shape this year and he might be much more effective in the NHL but for his long term future I hope that he starts the year in the AHL regardless. He still has to learn how to use a lot of his puck skill in the pros and I think some easier time in the AHL will help him unlock that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00