Who gets fired next?

Who gets fired next

• Total voters

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Blashill I think. 10 game losing streak (I believe). I don't think Yzerman wanted to change coaches this year but the team is going to force his hand here eventually.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
10 game losing streak (I believe)
12 games.

What helps Blashill is that the entire team is a mess, and they aren't going anywhere with a coaching change. Might as well let him sit in his mess and get a new coach in the summer.

I was thinking Travis Green earlier. Boudreau is an option.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
12 games.

What helps Blashill is that the entire team is a mess, and they aren't going anywhere with a coaching change. Might as well let him sit in his mess and get a new coach in the summer.

I was thinking Travis Green earlier. Boudreau is an option.
The Wings might be waiting to see if a guy like Cooper or Lavy might get fired and go after one of them. I agree there's no point in firing Blashill until they know who the next guy is going to be.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
If Laviolette goes first then Tampa should be all over that imo. I think he's the exact type of guy the team needs.

Definitely. I think back to his time coaching the Flyers, and he good those teams were at creating offense. With Tampa's roster, he could definitely create enough extra goals to overcome Valisevsky having a down year.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Definitely. I think back to his time coaching the Flyers, and he good those teams were at creating offense. With Tampa's roster, he could definitely create enough extra goals to overcome Valisevsky having a down year.
The scoring isn't the issue. Its his system and lack of emotion. I understand wanting to keep you composure and all but you need to light a fire under your teams ass every now and then, especially when you're down in the playoffs. I just think the team needs a new voice. Happens to everyone.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Stevie Y probably old yellers Blazhill. Unleeesss Stevie Y is liking the tank

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
The scoring isn't the issue. Its his system and lack of emotion. I understand wanting to keep you composure and all but you need to light a fire under your teams ass every now and then, especially when you're down in the playoffs. I just think the team needs a new voice. Happens to everyone.

That's fair, all coaches have shelf lives. As someone who is neutral about the Lightning, I have never liked Cooper playing 7 D. I am also not surprised a new voice is needed, especially after last year's playoffs (The Sharks had a similar issue with Todd McLellan after the collapse against the Kings).

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
source.gif

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Whats the deal with Laviolette? Seems like it would be a mistake to fire the guy thats consistently in the post-season, because its been a bad start to the year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Should be Colliton or Blashill. Their teams aren’t getting anything from them.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Cooper or Coach Green. Went Green cause Cooper just got extended and Green is beyond awful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->