Line Combos: Who gets booted out of the top 9 when Briere and Pacioretty return?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If we ever get a full line up back, I'd think we'll see something like this:

Bournival Plex Gio
Patches Briere/DD Bourque
Chuckie Eller Gally
Prust White Parros

Markov Emelin
Murray PK
Gorges Diaz
Bou/Drew

Lacking a bit of depth in case of injuries but overall not a bad line up and something I think Bergy had in mind at the beginning of the season.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
maxpac - Eller - Gallagher
Bourni - pleks - Gio
Prust - Galchenyuk - Bourque
Moen - White - parros

Scratch DD/ shove him on the 4th. Briere is done.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
maxpac - Eller - Gallagher
Bourni - pleks - Gio
Prust - Galchenyuk - Bourque
Moen - White - parros

Scratch DD/ shove him on the 4th. Briere is done.

My only adjustment might be to switch Gallagher and Bourque to keep the kids together while facing 3rd line opposition and Bourque is defensively responsible so great on first line. Although Gallagher is better scoring winger so it's a toss up. Otherwise bang on.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
My only adjustment might be to switch Gallagher and Bourque to keep the kids together while facing 3rd line opposition and Bourque is defensively responsible so great on first line. Although Gallagher is better scoring winger so it's a toss up. Otherwise bang on.

I thought of that, but I remember Eller playing with Bourque a while back and it was a nightmare. Eller needs linemates who are constantly aware, because he tries some weird **** now and again. Look at that pass on galchenyuk's goal the other day. Not the type of plays I see bourque converting on. But it could still be worth a shot if something else isn't working. Keeping Gallagher and Galchenyuk together has it's own benefits, as you say.

dzd ncnfzd

Aug 8, 2007
problem of course is the cap. Even if we wave DD and he clears (most probable no?) Bournival/LL/other makes it very tight on the cap. We do have an expensive "4th" line but really we have an attempt at a balanced squad with 2 "2nd" lines and 2 "3rd" lines. Our so called 4'th can be a shut down line or energy line or may contain some of our resident pk'ers. All depending on the opponent and who is healthy.

Nice o see they haven't forgotten how to do "Martin Hockey" when we need to - might come in useful come the play-offs if we make it. (No guarantee yet!!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad