Who found Tanev and Burrows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkeeping

Jun 8, 2009
Vancouver
www.mygoalieinfo.com
Just wondering if anyone knows which scouts are responsible for discovering Tanev and Burrows. I speculate it was a lower level scout at the time, I was just wondering if the scouts are still with the team or have moved onto other things.

Looking forward to the 2016 draft! Can't reveal sources but I can almost guarantee the Canucks will be taking Pierre-Luc Dubois.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Just wondering if anyone knows which scouts are responsible for discovering Tanev and Burrows. I speculate it was a lower level scout at the time, I was just wondering if the scouts are still with the team or have moved onto other things.

Looking forward to the 2016 draft! Can't reveal sources but I can almost guarantee the Canucks will be taking Pierre-Luc Dubois.

And if Edmonton takes PLD?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Tanev was initially identified by Dave Gagner, but then our US College scouts did a ton of work on him before signing him.

Burrows was brought into the Manitoba Moose organization by Craig Heizinger, who stayed in Manitoba to work for the Jets.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Do the Columbia Inferno get any credit for Burrows? They brought him in before the Moose signed him.

dkeeping

Jun 8, 2009
Vancouver
www.mygoalieinfo.com
And if Edmonton takes PLD?

Not sure, but they won't take Chychrun. They value Juolevi and Bean much more.

Also, don't be surprised if Virtanen is moved and the Canucks are very much trying to acquire Barrie from Colorado. I heard Avs want Hutton in return though. If its straight up I'd take Barrie over Hutton in a heartbeat, but I don't think that's the case.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

Also, don't be surprised if Virtanen is moved and the Canucks are very much trying to acquire Barrie from Colorado. I heard Avs want Hutton in return though. If its straight up I'd take Barrie over Hutton in a heartbeat, but I don't think that's the case.

What a bold claim. No way you can substantiate any of this eh?

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site

Wouldn't mind that.

Any more info on which teams are interested to acquire Virtanen from us.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Well, apparently Sakic just said that they are not trading Barrie and are looking to sign him long term. Might want to check your sources. ;)

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver

dkeeping

Jun 8, 2009
Vancouver
www.mygoalieinfo.com
Well, apparently Sakic just said that they are not trading Barrie and are looking to sign him long term. Might want to check your sources. ;)

TBH the Barrie stuff came from a conversation a week ago, bad timing on the post on my part. Makes more sense for Avs to keep Barrie but apparently they had cap concerns.

As for Jake, if he's available I'm sure there are 10+ teams interested in acquiring his services. Apparently he has attitude problems. Has been late for team meetings more than once. Apparently I still have more faith in Jake than the Canucks head office.

side note: Tryamkin is in hall of fame bad shape.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Do the Columbia Inferno get any credit for Burrows? They brought him in before the Moose signed him.

At that level rather than being scouted I'd imagine Burrows made the team on some sort of tryout. Also looking at hockeydb the Inferno was his 2nd year and 3rd team in the ECHL. His first team was the Greenville Grrrowl after he left the QMJHL.

El Duderino

Aug 4, 2007
BC
TBH the Barrie stuff came from a conversation a week ago, bad timing on the post on my part. Makes more sense for Avs to keep Barrie but apparently they had cap concerns.

As for Jake, if he's available I'm sure there are 10+ teams interested in acquiring his services. Apparently he has attitude problems. Has been late for team meetings more than once. Apparently I still have more faith in Jake than the Canucks head office.

side note: Tryamkin is in hall of fame bad shape.

Interesting... what exactly is wrong with Tryamkin?

And any more dirt/gossip? Lol I don't know why but I like reading this stuff.

dkeeping

Jun 8, 2009
Vancouver
www.mygoalieinfo.com
Tanev was initially identified by Dave Gagner, but then our US College scouts did a ton of work on him before signing him.

Burrows was brought into the Manitoba Moose organization by Craig Heizinger, who stayed in Manitoba to work for the Jets.

Thanks for the info. A couple of solid diggers going deep for talent. A job well done by everyone involved.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
What does it say about this Canucks if all the rumors are true about young guya having "attitude problems"?

dkeeping

Jun 8, 2009
Vancouver
www.mygoalieinfo.com
Interesting... what exactly is wrong with Tryamkin?

And any more dirt/gossip? Lol I don't know why but I like reading this stuff.

In short, he doesn't like working out. However, I don't remember a specific name, but Benning brought in someone who is credited with helping Chara blossom into the player he became. For what it's worth, I think Tryamkins ceiling is sky high and look forward to seeing what he does in the 2016-17 season, he could use a full season to develop in the AHL.

dkeeping

Jun 8, 2009
Vancouver
www.mygoalieinfo.com
What does it say about this Canucks if all the rumors are true about young guya having "attitude problems"?

Seems like Benning and Linden have pretty high expectations and demands of the newly drafted. Rightfully so, especially for first round talent. That being said they may be giving up on guys a little too quickly. McCann shipped out because he ostracized himself from the team. Players, coaches, trainers, video guys, you name it, the guy didn't have a friend on the team which translated into him not being committed to the team. If I remember correctly the Sedins and Burrows called out the younger guys on the team after a tough loss regarding their commitment level. If those three guys are calling you out publicly, it must have been really bad.

In my opinion, unless there is a massive problem with an entry level player, if the kid has talent it's the teams responsibility and obligation to develop the teenager into a professional. At least try to work with them during their entry level contract and then make your decision at that time.

The McCann trade had me shaking my head, it's debatable that with Vrbata gone, Jared may have had the best shot on the team next to Daniel. The Canucks can't score so they trade away a gifted offensive talent for a stay at home d-man. I watched 4-5 of the Panthers playoff games this year (Because of Lou) and Erik was not a factor. Never a good sign when a team quickly trades a guy after a playoff exit, he was clearly viewed as a problem.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
A poster on HF with 67 posts claiming he has "sources". Yup, it must be the offseason. Nothing to see here.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I think OP question was answered and I don't really see the need to have this as a thread to be honest, especially since it's devolved into rumour mongering. If anyone disagrees, feel free to PM me with some compelling argument and I'll re-open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad