Who falls BIG time on draft day this year?

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
I hope the Leafs dont take him

they dont need another European expessialy one that might not even play
I think he would be a great fit in a year or two with fellow Russian Kulemin on his wing would make 2/3 of a pretty good line

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I don't see Cherepanov falling very far if at all. Yes he's Russian, but he's extremely talented and would likely come over as he has the potential make a lot more in the NHL than in Russia.

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
I'd like to give a nice HM to Cory Emmerton who went 41rst when he was pegged earlier or ~20th.

Ryan White? A lot of people had him mid-first round, but he ended up going in the third.

BTW, I'm still betting on Cherepanov going 1st overall. No drop-off for him IMO. It's funny how the opinions on this board just swing, one day he's god the next he's got attitude problems and can't skate and might not come over and probably won't go inside the top ten... Bah, he's going to be a 50-goal scorer some day and the Hawks won't pass on that for something they already have.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
While I wouldn't want the Leafs to draft a guy that wouldn't play for them. They do need skill and that's something Cherepanov has. Getting Kulemin over might help and we can only hope that agreement gets signed. Leafs need some good skill in the prospect pool and he'd give that. Though I'm not sure he'll fall to them.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
My thoughts are that Columbus tries to package Zherdev away on/before draft day, in hopes that Cherepanov is available at #7 and they get to start over fresh, also acquiring another asset for Zherdev.

Biggest faller: Angelo Esposito was thought of as a consensus top 2 pick before the season, my guess is that someone will end up picking him after 20.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
The Pens wouldnt take another forward. I think they are thinking Defense

In the first round, you don't draft by need. Not in the second either for that matter. Maybe someone like Edmonton or St.Louis with all their picks will look closer at who's the next guy on their list. Not saying Pitt will definitaly draft a forward, but they'll take the one that's highest on their list.

As for who's gonna fall: Espo to the twenties, Gagner early teens:amazed:

hans

Apr 13, 2007
westwood
I'm betting both Cherepanov and Esposito still go top-10. I think the guy who falls the most is going to be one of the projected mid-to-late first round guys to the third. Maybe James O'Brien or Patrick White or someone like that.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Gillies, Aliu, Cherapanov will fall.

Esposito wouldn't fall past Montreal, bust or not. He's a skilled hometown kid, no matter what his flaws are. Maybe even a project at this point.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
I see Aliu, Sutter, and Mayorov falling. Gillies should fall, but someone will make the mistake of picking him in the first round.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Ryan White? A lot of people had him mid-first round, but he ended up going in the third.

BTW, I'm still betting on Cherepanov going 1st overall. No drop-off for him IMO. It's funny how the opinions on this board just swing, one day he's god the next he's got attitude problems and can't skate and might not come over and probably won't go inside the top ten... Bah, he's going to be a 50-goal scorer some day and the Hawks won't pass on that for something they already have.

I wouldn't exactly BET on Cherepanov going #1, seeing as how Chicago has apparently narrowed their list down to the 2 Americans and Turris and at this point, probably down to 2 or even 1 man. Just saying you don't wanna BET on it; rather you still might believe it could happen? If Chicago is actually having these 3 talk with their Psychologist, they must be pretty set on 1 of these 3... I personally don't see much reason for them to lie about their top 3; they can take whomever they want, having the #1 pick, or if they are content with any of the 3, they could trade down a bit to pick one of their men... punch line here is IMO they have no reason to be lying about their top 3, which they have blatantly stated comprise their top 3.

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
I think the guy who falls the most is going to be one of the projected mid-to-late first round guys to the third. Maybe James O'Brien or Patrick White or someone like that.

I believe Jim O'Brien has a better future ahead of him as he's one of my favorite players in the draft.
However I'm about 90% sure that the Wild will draft one of the local centermen once their 19th comes around.
If they take White, I can imagine O'Brien going soon after, however if they take O'Brien I think there's plenty potential for White to fall.

God forbid O'Brien falls past the Sens.
Last year it was Emmerton still left on the table but while I still like and liked Foligno, Emmerton was on my.. "He'll never fall to the Sens list"

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
David Perron is going to fall. A lot of you guys are hyping him, but I'm pretty positive we won't see him going in the first round.. some team may chance him in the second.

OilerOlli*

I truly believe L.A. is going to take a chance on Cherepanov.

My guess is Logan Couture goes from a top 10 prediction to late first round.

I would take every bet that Couture will be taken in the Top 15!

andy*

My thoughts are that Columbus tries to package Zherdev away on/before draft day, in hopes that Cherepanov is available at #7 and they get to start over fresh, also acquiring another asset for Zherdev.

Biggest faller: Angelo Esposito was thought of as a consensus top 2 pick before the season, my guess is that someone will end up picking him after 20.

IF Angelo Esposito were to fall to the 20th pick then I hope the Flames take him at 18th postion.

Cliff O Malley

Aug 4, 2006
I DUNNO?
The Pens wouldnt take another forward. I think they are thinking Defense

Don't count on it. Their are going to be a lot more quality forwards available at 20 than defensemen. Backlund, Mayorov, Gillies, Esposito, Moller, Hamill, Eller, at least 3 or 4 of these guys will still be on the board.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
David Perron is going to fall. A lot of you guys are hyping him, but I'm pretty positive we won't see him going in the first round.. some team may chance him in the second.

I was thinking that same thing; he had 1 great season, but alot of teams will stray away from a year 2 eligible guy in the first round, given that the talent from around 12 through the 2nd round is pretty much a toss-up, alot of teams will want the guys with 1 less year under their belt.

fan mao rong

Feb 6, 2003
port royal , pa
Visit site
Who will fall BIG TIMEin the '07 NHL draft?

Let me count the ways.

Perhaps the question can be simplified by re-phrasing it as ;
What fair-haired boys will fall from grace, though ooh-ed and aah-ed
over by the stats readers here-abouts.

The list; (in the interest of clarity, candidates have been limited to those listed 1st round in either THN or ISS in my THN handy-dandy draft preview).

1. Zach Hamill
2. Alex Plante
3. Keven Velleaux
4. Mike Hoeffel
5. Anybody from Sweden

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I don't see Cherepanov falling very far if at all. Yes he's Russian, but he's extremely talented and would likely come over as he has the potential make a lot more in the NHL than in Russia.

Russians and Euros only have a 2 year waiting period. Will he play in the AHL biding his time if he has to? I doubt it.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Who will fall BIG TIMEin the '07 NHL draft?

What fair-haired boys will fall from grace, though ooh-ed and aah-ed
over by the stats readers here-abouts.

Guess that means African-NA's and 1st Nations players will always do well. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->