Who else gets traded (besides Vanek)?

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
I voted for Bailey/Grabner/Martin....I think one of these guys could be thrown in a deal with vanek as a sweetener to get the better prospect...hope I'm wrong about Grabner and Martin but take bailey please

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Bailey and Grabs IMO. Both seem like the perfect trade chip type of guys. Although I'm a fan on Grabner and would hate to see him go. Bailey on the other hand... Does he even have value?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Left off Cizikas, Clutterbuck, Lee, Nelson, Okposo, Strome, Tavares, Hamonic, DeHaan, and the prospects. Forgot Poulin so I guess slot him in with Nilsson because I can maybe see one of them getting traded. Don't think we could get anything for Martinek and we're better off just holding onto him as a depth defenseman.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
I don't see either happening. You think our defense is bad now? Wait until we lose our best defensive foward and our PP QB. It won't be pretty.

But hey Snow is our GM.

Yea but then Garth could accumulate more picks and tease us with what could be when everyone develops. :sarcasm:

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't think anyone else is going. Nobody is taking Bailey's contract, Visnovsky has a NTC, if we trade Nabby our goaltending is bigger joke than it already is, etc.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
I don't care but can we get some younger guys who can help us next year for whoever we trade? Please?

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Should offer Nabokov to Vancouver for a 3rd rounder. They need someone just to finish off the year and we're not exactly going anywhere

That's why he's worth a 2nd rounder or else we keep him. We don't need to help them try to stay respectable. I could see Nabby here again next year, although please, Lord, not as our starter!

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Bailey & Nilsson, but maybe Nabs is going instead. It is possible he was asked if he wanted to play as a BU for a playoff bound team as a thank you.

Bossyfan71

Lets Go Islanders!
Oct 29, 2012
The Bronx
I voted Nabby. I can see the Isles letting him go elsewhere and let Nillson and Poulin finish out the year.

I doubt Bailey goes because of the contract, although after Bailey screwing up royally tonight, I would pack his bags ad drive him to the airport.

Mike

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
I think anyone on your list besides Vis could be moved if Snow thinks the package back could be better with a sweetener, none of them are untouchable really.

I'd probably look to hold onto Grabner and Martin (and maybe Nilsson?) but I wouldn't be devastated if they went for the right deal.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Can't see them dealing anyone except the free agents unless it's a throw in to complete a deal. In that case somebody like Carkner and Cmac could be dealt along with some AHL scrubs or maybe a lesser prospect or two.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
doesn't Vis have a no trade clause?

Anyway, I voted for Martin but I really don't think any of the options will go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad