who earned and lost a spot from preseason play?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Nylander. Pilut should stay up, but I don't see them keeping him over Nelson/Beaulieu (sadly). Thompson has an outside chance, but I see him going to Rochester as well.

Reactions: Fearnot and Dingo44

pled

Sep 7, 2009
do you guys really have too much depth that Bailey and Baptiste or affordable

pled

Sep 7, 2009
They didn’t make the team. They just flat out didn’t do enough.
I guess i didnt watch them so idk but do they feel worst than last year ? cause they seem worth a pick up from other teams maybe

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I guess i didnt watch them so idk but do they feel worst than last year ? cause they seem worth a pick up from other teams maybe
Yeah could be. Teams that need speed on the 4th line could take a look. If either do get claimed, I’d guess they are back on waivers this year.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Any coach that believes in Tennyson, Beaulieu or Nelson over Pilut should be fired into the sun. I don't care about contracts and vet limits either for Rochester, that is on Botterill for making it so trash cant be sent down.

If there are two people to blame already this season its going right to management/coaching for horrible choices.

I trust them to make the right decision and trade or just loan the players who are taking up roster spots for the kids, enough is enough. I now know why St. Louis was so happy to get rid of Sobotka and Berglund so that their young kids could come up. We now have that problem.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Any coach that believes in Tennyson, Beaulieu or Nelson over Pilut should be fired into the sun. I don't care about contracts and vet limits either for Rochester, that is on Botterill for making it so trash cant be sent down.

If there are two people to blame already this season its going right to management/coaching for horrible choices.

I trust them to make the right decision and trade and just move the players who are taking up roster spots, enough is enough. I now know why St. Louis was so happy to get rid of Sobotka and Berglund so that young kids could come up. We now have that problem.

Tennyson was put on waivers, so he's not staying. I just don't see them keeping Pilut over Beaulieu or Nelson, though. Bealieu ends up starting, Nelson in the press box as the extra, Pilut in Rochester IMO. That's now how it should be, but I think that's how they start the season.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Tennyson was put on waivers, so he's not staying. I just don't see them keeping Pilut over Beaulieu or Nelson, though. Bealieu ends up starting, Nelson in the press box as the extra, Pilut in Rochester IMO. That's now how it should be, but I think that's how they start the season.
I just saw that, I am impressed and now a little optimistic that management can make the right decision.

Reactions: Fearnot

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
nylander was super impressive. I'm not keen on evaluating dman without seeing much of them, but I didn't see pilut making any mistakes and he was an otherwordly unknown presence out there in my book, so he should make the team

I liked thompson quite a bit too... along with smith, who has been sent down already

Tennyson and beaulieu were bad... McCabe was good. ullmark looked really good. Nelson was meh.

Reactions: debaser66

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

I'm not sure. Based on last year, it seems like they prefer to keep 8 D, in which case it could easily be Pilut on the bottom pair, and Nelson/Beaulieu in the box (though Housley actually benching Beaulieu is hard to believe).

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm not sure. Based on last year, it seems like they prefer to keep 8 D, in which case it could easily be Pilut on the bottom pair, and Nelson/Beaulieu in the box (though Housley actually benching Beaulieu is hard to believe).
All optimism is slowing draining...

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
We fire a lot of people into the sun.

Poor sun

depositphotos_169474940-stock-illustration-sad-cartoon-sun.jpg

Reactions: Dingo44

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
I have been catching a few games...even if i´m not a Buffalo fan...you got a really interessting team.

Let´s talk about Mittlestadt...the guy don´t impress me at all. His position is so wrong...like all the time. He really doesn´t seem to belong in NHL.

I don´t know a lot of Mittlestadt....but from what i have seen so far...there is more hype then actual production. At this point...he don´t belong in NHL.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I have been catching a few games...even if i´m not a Buffalo fan...you got a really interessting team.

Let´s talk about Mittlestadt...the guy don´t impress me at all. His position is so wrong...like all the time. He really doesn´t seem to belong in NHL.

I don´t know a lot of Mittlestadt....but from what i have seen so far...there is more hype then actual production. At this point...he don´t belong in NHL.

It's too early to tell. He looked a little bit lost and physically overwhelmed in pre-season - I agree with that. However, in 6 games at the end of last season, he was excellent. His vision and style are unusual -- when he is on, he drives the whole play and dictates what's happening on the ice. He has exceptional vision. I think that makes some of his choices look unorthodox. Give him a little time to adjust and his teammates some time to adjust to him. If he's not looking any better by Thanksgiving, I'd consider sending him down. I am pretty confident he will come around quickly. He was already starting to improve game-by-game in the pre-season.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I think it is time to cut ties with Larsson. He had his shot along with Baptiste and Bailey who are nothing more than injury callups at this point. Girgensons had a pretty good preseason and I do believe he could be a solid 4th line center but he disappears for long stretches. I am going to blame injuries and see what he can do this year.

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
It's too early to tell. He looked a little bit lost and physically overwhelmed in pre-season - I agree with that. However, in 6 games at the end of last season, he was excellent. His vision and style are unusual -- when he is on, he drives the whole play and dictates what's happening on the ice. He has exceptional vision. I think that makes some of his choices look unorthodox. Give him a little time to adjust and his teammates some time to adjust to him. If he's not looking any better by Thanksgiving, I'd consider sending him down. I am pretty confident he will come around quickly. He was already starting to improve game-by-game in the pre-season.

He has "exceptional vision"? I´m sorry...i´m not seeing that at all.

But as i said...i´m not a Buffalo fan so i don´t watch every game....but i watched nearly all Sabres pre-season games. Also looking at his stats at eliteprospects...that´s not stats for an exceptional player at all. I really don´t see how he will become a superstar. He has good stats...but far from great.

I mean the games i have seen...it´s not "a bit lost"...he is very lost...like it´s his first hockey game. I think you guys need to send him down for 1-2 years. At this point...i think he will even struggle in AHL. At this point...not Elite in any way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad