Who DON'T you want your team to select?

Brownie

Aug 16, 2006
Richmond
Colton Gillies or Brandon Sutter. Gillies can't score and Sutter is a bad skater and has limited offensive upside.

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
No flak from me, and unfortunaley I've only seen Kane a handful of times - but it's enough for me to boast him. His performance at the WJC's was eye-opening to me, I thought he was the best individual player in the tourney.

I'd take him, but I'm not sure I would take him at #1 if available...

He wouldn't be available at #1?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Kevin Veilleux
Brandon Sutter (I'd pick him with our 22nd overall pick if he was the BPA avail, but other then that I'd stay away from him unless it was in the 2nd round..Montreal has enough role players..)

In the first round I'd pretty much stay away from most forwards who struggled to put up numbers in junior hockey.

The Consiglieri

Feb 19, 2007
Alzner. As a caps fan, all I hear about him is that he's the best defensemen, and at this point, even that viewpoint is dropping. That might be nice if this was a great blue chip draft for defensemen, but it isn't. All I hear is that he should be solid. After a miserable season where you finish in the bottom four, the last thing you want is a guy with limited upside, whose projected to be at best solid. I want a guy with a high ceiling, even if there is a risk. I'd take Esposito over Alzner, risk and all. Esposito is one of those guys that could be a huge value if taken in that 10-25 zone (probably 10-15 is more realistic). Alzner just sounds like a guy who in 5 years time wouldn't embarrass himself at the NHL Level. But for any of us who finished with a chance at the #1 overall pick, could that be acceptable? I doubt it.

Needless to say, I'm hoping for JVR, Kane, Vora, Turris, or Chera, or a trade down for Gagner, Coutoure, or Esposito.

grifftopia*

misread the forum, my bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Superintendent

Mar 28, 2007
Oil Country
As an Oiler fan, I just want someone else to take Cherepanov because I don't want another pick with high potential but also a chance at a bust (i.e. Schremp) in the system. If Cherepanov is picked before us, that would leave one of Kane/Turris/Voracek/VanReimsdyk/Alzner available at number 6 and I'd be happy with any one of them (my personal vote would be for Turris but I don't see him being available by then).

EDIT: HA...I mis-read the thread and though it was who I WANT my team to take. So I guess my answer would be Cherepanov.

Last edited:

Superintendent

Mar 28, 2007
Oil Country
are you Pejorative Slured? pittsburgh has staal, malkin, crosby, and talbot who can all play center, their first rounder should be a d-man, or a physical power forward in my mind, and fyi i dont think detroit gets its first rounder this year people:shakehead

I think much like me...you mis-read the thread. The guy is saying he DOESN'T WANT Pittsburg to take a Center.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I do not want Philly to take Akim Aliu. Last night, he was benched yet again for stupidity, in a game where the Wolves were able to go to overtime despite being badly outshot (81 shots against in just under 4 periods) and outplayed.

However, I'd be very happy if the Laffs took him :naughty:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I want any team that I even remotely like to stay away from Alex Plante. Horribly overrated, maybe if he is available in the 4th or 5th round I might consider it a worthwhile risk. His skating is horrendous, and is often caught out of position because of it. Does not move the puck well or have much discipline. Can hit people and has a big shot but not nearly enough to warrant a pick in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

KLM-Line

May 8, 2007
Munich
No Gillies or D-men for Leafs early picks plz.

Dont touch Gagner... Please get someone who can actually put the puck in the net.

Leafs have to address that short/mid term need by others means than this years draft. I´d take Gagner any day with what he could bring in for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->