Speculation: Who does Yzerman steal from Tampa Bay?

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Possible, he has ties to Detroit and if he's going to waive for anyone it'll probably be for Yzerman. Not sure what their center depth looks like though.

Wings have no center depth. I'd like Johnson, but wouldn't give a first. Maybe two 2nds or 2nd + prospect

Reactions: njx9

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Next year means jack.. This year you have 11.2 coming off with 8 RFA players to decide on and this fella wants to spend 5.8 of your 11.2 on a guy that time has passed by.
I would hope Stevie Y choses a different path.
Since when do we've 8 RFA's to decide on? That's next year not this year. If Detroit doesn't go on a major spending spree this summer. We could've close to $50 million to spend in the summer of 2020/2021 our only real signing for this summer was Jimmy Howard for $4 million for one year. Other signings will be for GR not Detroit according to Holland we've around $15 to $20 million to spend that that's with a roster of about 20 players with 3 more spots needing to be filled we're fine.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Dale Tallon has made a fair number of trades with the Hawks since leaving them.

It happens I agree NHL guys have their favourites. Sather brought over former Oilers when he first went to Rangers. I know old example but it's happened recently to I just can't for life of me think of specific one right now sorry.

Edit.

Didn't Lou Lamarillo bring Martin and Komarov to Islanders this past off season with him from Leafs?

More recently Minny and Nashville have made plenty of trades since Fenton went to minny. Although I think the Preds won those trades.

Jim Rutherford trading for Ron Hainsey in Carolina, Marc Bergevin trading for Andrew Shaw in Montreal, Brian Burke trading for Jake Gardiner, Joffrey Lupul, JS Giguere and many others in Toronto, Lou Lamoriello acquiring Matt Martin and Leo Komarov on Long Island, Peter Chiarelli acquiring Zdeno Chara in Boston, Jason Botterill trading for Connor Sheary in Buffalo, etc. Peter Chiarelli acquiring Andrew Ference in Edmonton, Dale Tallon acquiring Kris Versteeg, David Bolland, Brian Campbell in Florida, etc.

Fair enough. I had something a different in mind when reading about 'poaching talent'. None of those would even remotely qualify.

Tapdog

Mar 16, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Lol. $20M+ in cap space with a full roster.

20+ is a considerable stretch lol.
Hey if you want to spend the money that way you can always look forward to next years lottery. Detroit has some awesome pieces and if they add wisely they can make big steps. Callahan unfortunately just is not one of them.
Hey just my opinion.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
20+ is a considerable stretch lol.
Hey if you want to spend the money that way you can always look forward to next years lottery. Detroit has some awesome pieces and if they add wisely they can make big steps. Callahan unfortunately just is not one of them.
Hey just my opinion.

Larkin - $6.1M
Nielsen - $5.25M
Abdelkader - $4.25M
Helm - $3.85M
Mantha - $3.3M
Athanasiou - $3.0M
Glendening - $1.8M
Bertuzzi - $1.4M
Hirose - $925K
Zadina - $925K
Rasmussen - $894K
Svechnikov - $863K

Green - $5.375M
Dekeyser - $5.0M
Ericsson - $4.25M
Daley $3.16M
Bowey $1.0M
Cholowski - $894K
Hronek - $714K

Howard - $4.0M
Bernier - $3.0M

12 Forwards, 7 defenders, 2 goalies. $59.95M. The buyouts on Weiss and Ouelette have just under a $2M hit, which gives them about $21M under an $83M cap.

And yes, you can factor in LTIR before the drop dead date at the start of the season. Detroit's done it for the last two years.

Tapdog

Mar 16, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Since when do we've 8 RFA's to decide on? That's next year not this year. If Detroit doesn't go on a major spending spree this summer. We could've close to $50 million to spend in the summer of 2020/2021 our only real signing for this summer was Jimmy Howard for $4 million for one year. Other signings will be for GR not Detroit according to Holland we've around $15 to $20 million to spend that that's with a roster of about 20 players with 3 more spots needing to be filled we're fine.

Holy crap, yeah next season is what you are working on this summer :ha: and you have 8 RFA's to decide on top to bottom.

Who cares what you have past next season for dollars, it was never apart of anything I had mentioned.

Tapdog

Mar 16, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I’ve seen this comment about our cap space about 20 times in the last 3 months and it never ceases to be unfounded and ridiculous take

Then enlighten.. Holy of you to make a statement, back it up!

You have 11.2 coming off the books going into next season.

And to be clear.. I make that statement mainly due to one of your fans being ok to make a trade to bring in Callahan at 5.7, when he hasn't been worth that in that last 4 years and all for only gaining 8 spots too..

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Holy crap, yeah next season is what you are working on this summer :ha: and you have 8 RFA's to decide on top to bottom.

Who cares what you have past next season for dollars, it was never apart of anything I had mentioned.

You do realize those guys aren't RFA until 2020 right... It's important to me that you realize that...

It's also important that you realize that only three of those RFAs are getting any sort of significant payment...

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Are you blind or what? Show me 8 RFA's that Detroit has to worry about this summer, The 8 RFA's you listed are for the summer of 2020/2021 Frk is the only RFA listed this year and he probably wont be qualified. RFA's that need signing are Mantha, Bertuzzi, AA and others but that's next summer not this summer. Our biggest signings are for the summer of 2020 not this year. Why can't you understand that. Detroit doesn't have 8 RFA's to sign this year that's next year as we stated.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010

Really? There's like ten people explaining it to you in this thread alone. Honestly, how are you failing to understand this?

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'll also point out that if all 8 of those guys that become RFA's NEXT year are worth worrying about signing, that is likely a good thing for Detroit's future and cap space.

The trouble comes in when they show that they aren't NHL players.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

And to be clear.. I make that statement mainly due to one of your fans being ok to make a trade to bring in Callahan at 5.7, when he hasn't been worth that in that last 4 years and all for only gaining 8 spots too..
And with the reported salary cap increase of $83 million per Bettman and Daley, That would give Detroit about $15 million with no major signings. And when has Detroit never spent over the cap? So with Zetterberg and Franzens nearly $10.1 million savings on LTIR that alone gives Detroit nearly $25 million in cap space. And Yzerman could do some buy outs or move players like Helm with retention and Detroit could still have more off the books.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit should not be making any buyouts at all.

Eat that cap while the team sucks. No point in halving it and doubling the term.

Reactions: njx9

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I could see Detroit taking on Ryan Callahan's contract for a sweetener... like Barre Boulet.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Out of idle curiosity, can you cite an example of this?

When Bowman took some control over the Red Wings roster after Bryan Murray got fired he brought in a few guys he'd coached before, although not directly from his previous employers:

Bob Errey, Larry Murphy and Mike Ramsey (who pretty much followed Bowman for his entire career)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad